Maurice Clarett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Maurice Clarett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:37 am

Alright, I havn't read all of the posts, mainly because it would take hours, so I'm not sure if this has already been said.

I think that anybody who wants to, who is out of high school, should be allowed to enter the NFL draft. Some of these people need money, and shouldn't be told what's right for them after they're 18. Who is the NFL to say that he's too young or inexperienced? Of course he is, but that's his decision, the NFL shouldn't try to be a parent to a kid. He's a man who can make up his own mind. If he wants to risk a great future for a few million bucks early on in his career, fine by me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's bad for players to enter the NFL at a young age, but it's legally and morally wrong to tell them what they can and can't do after they're 18.
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby culboarder » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:56 pm

everyone saying how clarett is too young to play in the NFL needs to shut up and think of this..... clarett is over 20 years old, guess who was also 20 years old when he went into the NFL??? CLINTON PORTIS, and dont even try to tell me that he wasnt ready for the NFL....there was probably others that were 20 years old when they came to the NFL and did very well but i cannot think of them right now.....why dont you all just sit in a corner and think about that for a while.
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WhiteChocolate » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:29 pm

I think the big arguements brought up here are kind of irrelevant, number one being "he needs to have the right to work" thats total bull ****, he should infact be in school, and if hes too good for that he should work at a McDonalds, they wont deny him, 2nd saying he needs an Education and should stay in school.. he's not a bright kid, education would do nothing for him, he's studying "Family Resource Management" obviously hes in school to play ball, trying to get through a bird course, if he was infact learning in that course, I think this entire situation wouldn't have arisen. and Culboarder, who the hell are you buddy, why don't you sit in a corner and think about the fact that he's 18 and not 20.... and don't come back with its practically the same, cause those 2 years are massive for maturity not to mention age 19-21 is where your at your physical peak so theres a big diff. here.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WhiteChocolate » Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:34 pm

Do you even pay attention or have any understanding of this topic or do you just spit out random garbage... he's sueing the NFL because he's too young, this rule has been sitting there for decades... since you know plenty of RB's who have entered and done fine at the same age as him, why don't you name them, they must have challenged that rule right? If you don't know what your talking about don't open your mouth.

WHO LET THEM HOKIES OUT?
WhiteChocolate
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk