What to expect from Reggie Bush in years ahead? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to expect from Reggie Bush in years ahead?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:39 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Why would they make Deuce a 3rd down back when they have Reggie Bush on their team? Deuce is a great back and a good receiver but Bush is electric with the ball in his hands and would especially dangerous on 3rd down since he can beat you running or receiving.

He probably meant 3rd and short as opposed to third and long.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PurpleHaze » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:55 am

If Healthy..

He will become top 3 RB within next two years! ;-D
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Rush » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:30 am

But i mean the situation. Theyre gonna do 75% Bush - 25% Mccallister for the next 5 years?
The Rush
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:35 am

mikus wrote:
AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3 wrote:PURE AND UTTER DOMINANCE. Next year, they will make Deuce a 3rd round back and Reggie will shine.

The Saints are going to adjust the play-calling in the regular season to utilize these strengths, which is why I see Deuce scoring 8 - 10 TDs this year as they will use him as a short-yardage, goal-line type runner, with Reggie being the home run guy.

Deuce could barely squeeze off 8TDs when he was healthy and getting every carry, expecting that many or more in a limited role coming off an ACL injury is quite optimistic.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:28 am

well, the way ESPN was all over him in last nights highlights you'd think he'll go for 2500/30...but then i realzied he only had like 8 yards on 7 carries?

now i'm not saying you can gauge anything on that, just saying the way ESPN was all over him you'd think he had a better pre-season game than that...

...the ESPN man-love for Reggie Bush is going to get disgusting :-P
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:07 am

I don't get it. What did you all see last night that I didn't? What was so impressive? Was it his 4 carries for 7 yards (1.8 per)? Bush will have some spectacular runs and will be a SportCenter favorite, but he is not a guy who will consistantly move the chains (and that is how you win football games).

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of his carries was for 9 yards, so his other 3 carries combined for -2. Let's not call Canton yet.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kingctb27 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:43 am

Bowie wrote:I don't get it. What did you all see last night that I didn't? What was so impressive? Was it his 4 carries for 7 yards (1.8 per)? Bush will have some spectacular runs and will be a SportCenter favorite, but he is not a guy who will consistantly move the chains (and that is how you win football games).

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of his carries was for 9 yards, so his other 3 carries combined for -2. Let's not call Canton yet.

What was he supposed to do with that kind of blocking? No one, and I mean no one could have done anymore with the blocking, or lack of blocking. I am not saying to call Canton, nor did anyone in this thread, but you don't average 9 yards a carry in college and not back good back in the NFL. It just doesn't happen.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:50 am

No one said that on this thread? If "PURE AND UTTER DOMINANCE" wasn't enough, how about those saying he will have as good a career or better than Marshal Faulk? A better career than Marshal Faulk would put Bush in Canton (even a similar career would suffice). This is what I am reacting to.

Edit: I'm not saying he won't put up some stats and be fun to watch.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bklik » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am

kingctb27 wrote:
Bowie wrote:I don't get it. What did you all see last night that I didn't? What was so impressive? Was it his 4 carries for 7 yards (1.8 per)? Bush will have some spectacular runs and will be a SportCenter favorite, but he is not a guy who will consistantly move the chains (and that is how you win football games).

What was he supposed to do with that kind of blocking? No one, and I mean no one could have done anymore with the blocking, or lack of blocking. I am not saying to call Canton, nor did anyone in this thread, but you don't average 9 yards a carry in college and not back good back in the NFL. It just doesn't happen.

This thread isnt the question "What to expect from Bush IF he had great blocking." Its more about what can he do in his situation now. Sure he can average 9 ypc in college and stink it up in the NFL, everybody is his speed here. He was getting arm-tackled and even hand-tackled left and right last nite. And when he hit a hole, a couple times he looked like a deer in headlights spinning around for a way out.

I dont think the Bush hype will live up to 2500/30, but Id expect modest numbers this year. Deuce wont be a 3rd down back, and he will take many of Bush's touches away.

We may be simply hyping the next Warrick Dunn- An Explosive yardage beast that wont get the Goalline touches.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby gablefan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:58 am

I expect alot injuries. The reason I say this is because he jukes so much and doesn't go north south.

In college he could juke a defender and be gone, because the pursuit of the D line in that conference was quite bad.

Now he enters the NFl where some lineman can really haul a$$. If he sidesteps or jukes and stays put he is going to get hit from behind......ALOT. And anyone knows that has played football, most of the worst hits are the ones you don't see coming.

I think he will be very Warrick Dunn like. Very respectable career, but will Never, ever live up to expectations.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk