What to expect from Reggie Bush in years ahead? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to expect from Reggie Bush in years ahead?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shader » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:58 pm

gablefan wrote:Ease up there Shader, time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

I see Bush being more like the Michael Vick of RB's. If you can contain him to the inside yuo will kill his big play ability. I think Parcells has already shown most people how to play him. Maybe I am wrong. Time will tell, It just seems like all of his big runs are to the outside.

He had 4 carries...I don't think Parcells "figured him out". Bush's last two plays were a 9 yard run and an 11 yard catch. If anything, Bush figured Parcells out.

Watch Bush's first preseason game and you'll see a number of times where he ran right into the heart of the defense and got tough, tough yardage.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cardiac cats » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:00 pm

Personally I hope his career fizzles out or he pulls some kind of Ryan Leaf implosion... Either that or Peppers rings his bell.

Sorry guys I'm a panthers fan, so I HAVE to hate the guy- no hard feelings.
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:52 pm

Sure are a lot of haters out there. Maybe it's a backlash from the puke that espn spews. Remember people espn has morphed from the leader in sports to the used car salesman in sports. They are scarcely more that shills for whatever the next sensation their polls say is coming.

That doesn't take away from Bush's ability. It just makes it easier to hate because espn has already annointed him the next greatest thing ever. Don't listen to espn, they sold out. Think for yourselves.

As for Bush. I think the comparisons to Sanders are unjust. There is no other Sanders. He did things that no one else would have ever thought to do, let alone been able to do. Bush is the total package. I see him running well up the middle. He looks for blocks and holes and doesn't waste a lot of time waiting before getting as many yards as are there. His outside running skills look to be as good as anyone, maybe better. Plus he is a skilled receiver for someone his age. The only thing he needs is experience. He looked like he was forcing it to the outside last night instead of waiting for the chance to arise. But he'll learn.

Bush will be a top RB within two years.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Calyxes » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:15 pm

Well I guess I will add my two cents since I spent the time reading these post. I think Bush just looks a step faster then everyone on the field. He is going to have to learn to run more inside but I think that by 2008 the guy is going to be a stud. I think he will have a decent year this year and start putting up top 5 numbers for years to come.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:21 pm

it depends, if Deuce goes down sometime early or well I guess it doesn't exactly even have to be early, but for fantasy value it would be nice, which I expect to happen, than he will shine and everyone will say ooh, aah, and he will start next year and they will trade deuce and he will get a big salary in new york for the jets and blow out his knee again, and everyone will laugh at the jets for makin' another stupid trade, and then reggie's dominant career will be well underway, easy first rounder next couple years IMO. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Bravos of Steel » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:24 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:it depends, if Deuce goes down sometime early or well I guess it doesn't exactly even have to be early, but for fantasy value it would be nice, which I expect to happen, than he will shine and everyone will say ooh, aah, and he will start next year and they will trade deuce and he will get a big salary in new york for the jets and blow out his knee again, and everyone will laugh at the jets for makin' another stupid trade, and then reggie's dominant career will be well underway, easy first rounder next couple years IMO. ;-D

Looks good to me! :-b

I do agree, Reggie Bush will be a star
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:10 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
mikus wrote:
AmAr3 i$ dA fU7Ur3 wrote:PURE AND UTTER DOMINANCE. Next year, they will make Deuce a 3rd round back and Reggie will shine.

The Saints are going to adjust the play-calling in the regular season to utilize these strengths, which is why I see Deuce scoring 8 - 10 TDs this year as they will use him as a short-yardage, goal-line type runner, with Reggie being the home run guy.

Deuce could barely squeeze off 8TDs when he was healthy and getting every carry, expecting that many or more in a limited role coming off an ACL injury is quite optimistic.

He had 16 in his first year as a starter.
And Deuce would be probably the most expensive short yardage back in the history of the league if thats how they were planning on using him. I would see Bush being more of a rover on offense playing RB and WR and getting around 12 carries and 5 catches a game until Deuce (getting about 12-15 carries) moves on.

That was a long time ago, and I think it's safe to say that both Deuce and the Saints have changed a whole lot since then. Each of the years after that he's struggled to get up around that 8-10 mark. Coming off the ACL I would put Deuce's super-top ceiling numbers at 8-10 TDs even if Reggie Bush had never come to town, so now cutting his carries by 100-200 I can't imagine why people are expecting it when it was his ceiling when he was in a significantly better situation.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:13 pm

Deuce is done in New Orleans. It's as easy as that.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby jbones733 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm

you cant gauge much by 2 pre season games, im sure a bunch of us watched him his whole college career, least i did, he will translate very well to the NFl can catch, fast as hell, explosive, thats why i said he reminded me Of Faulk, its who i think of when i saw him thru his collegiate career,
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gablefan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:08 pm

Shader wrote:
gablefan wrote:Ease up there Shader, time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

I see Bush being more like the Michael Vick of RB's. If you can contain him to the inside yuo will kill his big play ability. I think Parcells has already shown most people how to play him. Maybe I am wrong. Time will tell, It just seems like all of his big runs are to the outside.

He had 4 carries...I don't think Parcells "figured him out". Bush's last two plays were a 9 yard run and an 11 yard catch. If anything, Bush figured Parcells out.

Watch Bush's first preseason game and you'll see a number of times where he ran right into the heart of the defense and got tough, tough yardage.

No Offense, but I could run on the Titans this year....

What is the average YPC against the Titans during the Pre-Season?

I just think he will be highlight reel one week and a no-show the next.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk