Willie parkers Value - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie parkers Value

Moderator: Football Moderators

Willie parkers Value

Postby XHendrix » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Why is Willie parkers Value so low? He had a good season last year, and it looks like he wont be sharing many carries this year. On top of that there is no bettis to take a bunch of td's. Though it took 10 rounds for willie parker to get drafted in my leuage. Am I missing anything that kills his value or what?
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:11 pm

Well he is a small back. I think that hurts his value some. For me, I am not down on the guy, I think he will have a good season and be a solid RB2 on a fantasy team. But I think there are questions about his durability, and whether or not he can carry the load for the entire season.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:17 pm

mikus wrote:Well he is a small back. I think that hurts his value some. For me, I am not down on the guy, I think he will have a good season and be a solid RB2 on a fantasy team. But I think there are questions about his durability, and whether or not he can carry the load for the entire season.

i really dont understand this at all; if you look last year, he started 15/16 games and all 4 postseason games. im not targeting you, mikus; a lot of ppl have this misconception. that being said, his value is down for good reasons.

he will probably not get the goal line carries. no TDs = a lot less value in fantasy.

he is also inconsistent. he'll give you a couple of 120 yd - 1 TD performances, then he'll give you 50 yards and no TDs.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:06 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
mikus wrote:Well he is a small back. I think that hurts his value some. For me, I am not down on the guy, I think he will have a good season and be a solid RB2 on a fantasy team. But I think there are questions about his durability, and whether or not he can carry the load for the entire season.

i really dont understand this at all; if you look last year, he started 15/16 games and all 4 postseason games. im not targeting you, mikus; a lot of ppl have this misconception. that being said, his value is down for good reasons.

he will probably not get the goal line carries. no TDs = a lot less value in fantasy.

he is also inconsistent. he'll give you a couple of 120 yd - 1 TD performances, then he'll give you 50 yards and no TDs.

In his defense he was never the full time starter for any team in his career until last year so being a little inconsistent in the NFL isn't a terrible thing. I think that coming into the year as the starter lets him really get used to being there......it sounds weird but it's crazy how much being prepared like that can help.

I have very little faith in Duce Staley, he is really the only threat to take goal line carries from Parker because Haynes is not a goal line type back. His value to the steelers is a 3rd down back (excellent receiver out of the backfield) and as a special teams guy. If Staley goes down, which has been the case frequently, then Parker will get some goal line carries as well. Parker has enough breakaway runs that I think his TD totals will increase from last years. I expect him to be a very solid #2 RB next year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:10 am

10th round? That is too low. He's gone in the 3rd round of both of my drafts so far.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:10 am

I think that inconsistancy is the biggest thing here.

Also, it appears Roethlisburger is okay, but if he is still shaken up from his motorcycle accident, then Parker could be left out to dry against defenses that would be able to put many men in the box to stop the run.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:16 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I think that inconsistancy is the biggest thing here.

Also, it appears Roethlisburger is okay, but if he is still shaken up from his motorcycle accident, then Parker could be left out to dry against defenses that would be able to put many men in the box to stop the run.

Roethlisberger is fine....he's already played in preseason and has looked sharp....he's not going to be shaken up still from his accident. And if you read my post, his inconsistency can probably be attributed to his inexperience, which he now has some experience this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby giants! » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 am

Actually, I think Parker's value is a little too high. He is going in the third round on average. I think he will accumulate a lot of yards, to the tune of about 1300, but will have very few touchdowns. In a yardage heavy league, i'd take him in the third, but in standard scoring and touchdown heavy leagues, id wait till the late fourth.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am

i love him as my 3rd back. and like him as my second. kind of like warrick dunn last year.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Kilroy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:11 am

moonhead wrote:i love him as my 3rd back. and like him as my second. kind of like warrick dunn last year.

Agree with Moon. Decent RB2. Great RB3. The third's a little early for my tastes, but the tenth? Those between-round beer bongs play hell with the 'ol draft board huh?

Or, maybe you were at the ESPN "experts" draft. Jaws, is that you?

:-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk