Benson losing grip on #1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson losing grip on #1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Benson losing grip on #1?

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:21 pm

This is the latest news on Benson, and it appears he is on thin ice with management, but more importantly with his teammates. I expect with this and the injury, and a healthy TJ returning to practice, it will spell the end for Benson and anyone foolish enough to have drafted him instead of TJ. My speculation of course, but the signs are there.

Benson is a bum
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants! » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:57 pm

I thought he had lost the #1 spot with his injury.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gablefan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:58 pm

What is it Chi-town hates about this guy?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:23 pm

gablefan wrote:What is it Chi-town hates about this guy?

he's young, cocky, and rich. and doesn't seem to know when to keep his mouth shut or know his role.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:33 pm

And he was a wasted draft pick considering we had a perfectly capable starter and a serviceable backup. I'm sick of seeing first round busts at the RB position. Maybe they should try their luck at some other position, like one that we need maybe? Just a thought. Two picks the Bears have made that I never agreed with from the second I heard the announcement: Rex Grossman and Cedric Benson. It appears I was right. Although I did jump on the Cade McNown bandwagon...oops!

As far as losing the spot due to injury, Lovie never officially demoted him. I think that may be coming very soon though.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:42 pm

Well, apparently he left the stadium before Friday night's game was over. Probably not going to sit well with management. What is it with Bears first round picks? :~(
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Matthias » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:46 pm

gablefan wrote:What is it Chi-town hates about this guy?

and there was the whole protracted hold-out last year. where i think he made noises about maybe not playing. that and he was understood to be challenging for the #1 spot last year if not the favorite. and then to hold out and not give him (or the team) any chance to get into any rythym... bad stuff.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:48 pm

Yes!! I love hearing this. I knew it would be TJ's team.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby biju » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:51 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Well, apparently he left the stadium before Friday night's game was over. Probably not going to sit well with management. What is it with Bears first round picks? :~(

See, I look at this type of behavior as a management problem. I understand that Smith can't control his players 100% but if it was clear that Benson should be a positive to the team at all times and become a leader he wouldn't have left the sideline to begin with.

Benson, on the other hand, really needs to grow up. I have a feeling Benson is starting to get a "me vs. the world" attitude and that's not good. It's only going to solidify the unit that Thomas Jones has with the rest of the team. He needs to start helping his O-line up when they fall down, provide constructive feedback for teammates and congratulate and praise them (especially if it's Thomas Jones) when they do well.

His attitude of "I want a competition" seems like a positive way to look at it from his perspective but feels cocky to everyone else. I know what he's saying but why not just be humble and then let your play speak? He *has* more talent than Thomas Jones but right now Benson didn't help them become a playoff contender, Thomas Jones did.

Still, as a fantasy owner I would highly prefer to see Cedric Benson take the field.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PyRo8 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:44 pm

biju wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Well, apparently he left the stadium before Friday night's game was over. Probably not going to sit well with management. What is it with Bears first round picks? :~(

See, I look at this type of behavior as a management problem. I understand that Smith can't control his players 100% but if it was clear that Benson should be a positive to the team at all times and become a leader he wouldn't have left the sideline to begin with.

Benson, on the other hand, really needs to grow up. I have a feeling Benson is starting to get a "me vs. the world" attitude and that's not good. It's only going to solidify the unit that Thomas Jones has with the rest of the team. He needs to start helping his O-line up when they fall down, provide constructive feedback for teammates and congratulate and praise them (especially if it's Thomas Jones) when they do well.

His attitude of "I want a competition" seems like a positive way to look at it from his perspective but feels cocky to everyone else. I know what he's saying but why not just be humble and then let your play speak? He *has* more talent than Thomas Jones but right now Benson didn't help them become a playoff contender, Thomas Jones did.

Still, as a fantasy owner I would highly prefer to see Cedric Benson take the field.

there's no doubt he needs to grow up, say all the right things, and become a leader. but i think that's a tad hard when whenever he takes the field, HIS OWN GUYS wanna smack him the f**k down.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk