Benson losing grip on #1? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benson losing grip on #1?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Here is my take on it all.....

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm

marksy wrote:TJ is the locker room favorite. He gets demoted for not going to off season workouts (i.e. we need to find a way to give the job to Benson because we are paying him so damn much).

TJ comes to camp and Drew decides rather than hold out, we'll tweak a hammy (yeah that'll show them).

Now we are in a situation where the veteran is saying all the right things to the media (maybe a little more than some know), but who knows what he is doing / saying behind the scenes?

Benson, who has had no guidance or anyone take him under his wing, much of it likely his own doing (by comments made, the holdout, etc.) is just shooting off to anyone that will listen about how nobody likes him.

Why could this not be a Faulk - Jackson type scenario, where the classy veteran shows the young kid the ropes, while the student shows the veteran the respect he deserves and they work together, all the while knowing the writing that is on the wall for the future?

My guess is a little more lack of class on the veteran in Chicago than the lack of respect from the student. But just my opinion from that which I have read....

Maybe the difference is that Faulk was washed up three years ago, and TJ has at least 4 in the tank...TJ has never said anything except he didn't deserve to lose his job (he didn't), and there are very few guys on the team that actually like Benson (probably his smart-ass mouth), but TJ will not talk down about him. He just wants what's his: his job.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:28 pm

Can't be the #1 if you're not healthy enough to play...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 pm

With all of this going on, is there any possible way we could nail down how they will be used? Bottom line, which back would be more valuable to have on your team if you were to even mess with this situation?

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:31 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Can't be the #1 if you're not healthy enough to play...

I'll remember that come draft day. hey that rhymes.
TJ has no reason to see the "writing on the wall" because he has just as much of a chance to win the job. As long as Lovie is in town the Bears management won't control who gets the ball. With a weaker coach, maybe.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ateam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:38 pm

This is a classic RBBC, nothing more nothing less.

1 & 1A.

Either guy could be a stud if the other guy went down, until then, one can only hope DEN '05 results as owners.

As an editorial, though Benson is certainly disapointing the locals with his cr@p, following the BS holdout last year. Like the guy said on the radio today here, this is not going to go over well in this town, for $17MM this guy needs to be able to stay on the sidelines and support his team, and then not skip the post game mandatory meeting.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:43 pm

ateam wrote:This is a classic RBBC, nothing more nothing less.

1 & 1A.

Either guy could be a stud if the other guy went down, until then, one can only hope DEN '05 results as owners.

As an editorial, though Benson is certainly disapointing the locals with his cr@p, following the BS holdout last year. Like the guy said on the radio today here, this is not going to go over well in this town, for $17MM this guy needs to be able to stay on the sidelines and support his team, and then not skip the post game mandatory meeting.

That wasn't the case last year, why would it be this year. I think a starter and a change of pace/goaline guy (depending on how it ends up) emerge.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ateam » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:54 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
ateam wrote:This is a classic RBBC, nothing more nothing less.

1 & 1A.

That wasn't the case last year, why would it be this year. I think a starter and a change of pace/goaline guy (depending on how it ends up) emerge.

Last year was a completely diff. animal.

You had a rookie hold out ala PRivers which doomed his whole first year, and a guy pull a Brees like performance from the canvas in Jones.

Now you have a proven performer in Jones and the guy with the $17MM investment who you need to play.

It's a lousy FF scenario, but should be a solid running game for da Bears in real world if they can work out the egos.
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:59 pm

I kept Benson in a keeper, foolishly thinking he would keep the starting job... should have kept one of m IDP's instead I think. :-o
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Here is my take on it all.....

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:10 am

marksy wrote:Why could this not be a Faulk - Jackson type scenario, where the classy veteran shows the young kid the ropes, while the student shows the veteran the respect he deserves and they work together, all the while knowing the writing that is on the wall for the future?

Because TJ is more like his workout buddy David Boston than Marshall Faulk, and Cedric expects he should be handed the job outright and shouldn't have to earn it.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PurpleHaze » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:21 am

Confused... :-? There is NO controversy...

Thomas Jones is the starter...without question...
Especially with the #2 Cedrick Benson,
not even able to practice due to injury!
Sig courtesy of chargersfan36!
PurpleHaze
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk