All 2006 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2006 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 pm

I too would have voted for the 0 points, because I do not plan on starting an illegal lineup B-) I am fine with the latest proposal of 2 penalties ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:42 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Either way is great. I really couldn't care less if I lose my best RB or best QB or both it's still gonna hurt. As long as illegal lineups aren't encouraged or exploited.

If I must vote I'd say lose the best QB and the best RB.

Geez how many illegal lineups are we planning to have anyway? :-b

I'm pretty sure that we won't have any. We just have to have a penalty in place in case we do have one.

And I think you misunderstood my latest suggestion Sniper. I'm suggesting that both of those penalties be in place. One for if someone starts the correct amount of players but for some reason the lineup is illegal because of the positions they started. The dropping of 2 scores would only be used if someone forgets to leave the one position blank and starts 1 too many players.

This way one players score gets dropped either way. If someone starts too many offensive players (doesn't leave the one spot blank) and we only drop 1 score, it doesn't really hurt them because they still would have a full lineup of starters without that 1 score. Using both these penalties for the 2 different situations guarantees that an illegal lineup will result in one less starter.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed like you voted for one or the other out of my latest suggestion and I meant for both of those options to be the penalty for the 2 different illegal lineup scenarios.

Unless anyone posts that they are really against this, this will be the penalty that we have for illegal lineups.

;-D
Yeah, anything sounds great to me at this point. I just thought it was:

Drop the score of the highest QB or RB: If someone starts the correct amount of players (leaves the one spot blank), but the lineup is illegal because of the positions they started.

or

Drop the scores of the 2 highest QB's or RB's: If someone doesn't leave that one spot blank and starts too many players.

But of course that wouldn't make much sense to do only the first if someone dosent leave one spot blank. OR... whatever...

;-7

So the options to vote on now are:

- Scoring 0 points
- Dropping the best QB/RB
- Or doing the more recent idea which is both, drop the score of the highest QB or RB, or if they don't leave a spot blank then drop the scores of the 2 highest QB's or RB's.

I vote for the third option, have both penalties.

Confusing but I got it, I hope.

I think a lack of AND kinda threw me so I just saw an OR and voted on one of them. :-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:46 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Either way is great. I really couldn't care less if I lose my best RB or best QB or both it's still gonna hurt. As long as illegal lineups aren't encouraged or exploited.

If I must vote I'd say lose the best QB and the best RB.

Geez how many illegal lineups are we planning to have anyway? :-b

At this rate, if you are minusing the two best players, why not jsut score 0?

Anyway, i'm fine with whatever. :)

Since one position shouldn't be in there, you are really only taking away one position not two.

I'm fine with 0 but I like the take away 1 QB and 1 RB rule better.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:05 pm

For simplicity sake I'd rather go to 0 points for illegal lineups just to have one rule, not two. I just wasn't all gung-ho about that at first because I thought someone might mistakenly submit an illegal lineup, and taking most likely their best player away would be a penalty, but also still give them a chance if it was just an honest mistake, and either way even it out so the winner won fairly.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Penalty for Illegal Lineups: Revote

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:56 am

OK guys, now some people have mentioned that they'd be OK with giving illegal lineups 0 points. maddog pointed out that this penalty is simple when compared to the 2 penalty option where the owner still has a chance to win.

I really don't think that we'll have a problem with this especially since we've beaten this to death. But we do need to have a penalty in place...just in case.

Here's the final revote for the penalty given to illegal lineups:

Option 1: Illegal lineups get 0 points.

Option 2: Drop the score of the highest QB or RB: If someone starts the correct amount of players (leaves the one spot blank), but the lineup is illegal because of the positions they started.

AND

Drop the scores of the 2 highest QB's or RB's: If someone doesn't leave that one spot blank and starts too many players.

Please vote for the penalty that you prefer and please post which option you voted for.

Thanks!
Last edited by flotsamnjetsam on Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:57 am

I voted for the 0 points
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:08 am

Option 2
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:21 am

Option 1.

Makes life so much easier.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mattb47 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 pm

Yea, we might as well just simplify it by saying it's an automatic 0 for that week. It would definitely make sure people are paying attention to their lineups.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:57 pm

While I don't like the idea of someone submitting an illegal lineup, I have a bigger problem with another owner getting an automatic win. :-t

Option 2. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League