All 2006 Threads - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

All 2006 Threads

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:23 am

Jimboozie wrote:While I don't like the idea of someone submitting an illegal lineup, I have a bigger problem with another owner getting an automatic win. :-t

Option 2. ;-D

I'm OK with either but I voted Option 2 because of this point that Jimboozie made.

I don't think that anyone will purposely post an illegal lineup so I think the less harsh penalty would be good for an honest mistake.

5-5 :,-(

Looks like we just can't seem to come to a consensus (sp?) on this issue. We still need 2 people to vote and since not everyone posted their vote I don't know who hasn't voted and therefore I don't know who to PM.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:02 pm

Guess what?

I submitted an illegal lineup.

Too bad I wasn't online last night. Saw some of you tried to save my sorry ass. Thought for sure I checked and double checked my lineup before gametime yesterday. (Around 11 am)

Take the top two scores or gimmie a 0 either way it shouldn't change the outcome.

Just want you all to know it was an honest mistake on my part that won't be repeated.

I also posted a message on yahoo.

:-t :-t :-t
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:07 am

SniperShot wrote:Guess what?

Too bad I wasn't online last night. Saw some of you tried to save my sorry ass. Thought for sure I checked and double checked my lineup before gametime yesterday. (Around 11 am)

Take the top two scores or gimmie a 0 either way it shouldn't change the outcome.

Just want you all to know it was an honest mistake on my part that won't be repeated.

LOL! :-b

I thought for sure that after all this talk about illegal lineups that noone would actually submit one.

Unfortunately we never came to a consensus with our vote on what the penalty should be.

The poll reads a tie at 5-5.

Not everyone posted their vote so going by the posts it's 3-3 (dream, Sniper, & Matt voted option 1) & (Alk, Jim, & I voted option 2).

I'll PM the other guys to see which way they voted and to see who didn't vote.

We'll see if we can agree on the penalty.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:59 am

I voted for 0 poiunts
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Jim makes a very good point and this is why I voted for option 2. While there is more work involved, it is fair for the league as a whole.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:23 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SniperShot wrote:Guess what?

LOL! :-b

I thought for sure that after all this talk about illegal lineups that noone would actually submit one.

Unfortunately we never came to a consensus with our vote on what the penalty should be.

The poll reads a tie at 5-5.

Not everyone posted their vote so going by the posts it's 3-3 (dream, Sniper, & Matt voted option 1) & (Alk, Jim, & I voted option 2).

I'll PM the other guys to see which way they voted and to see who didn't vote.

We'll see if we can agree on the penalty.

Not only that, but in week 1 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby mattb47 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:23 am

Yea, that is a good point Jimboozie. I'm officially changing my vote to option 2.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:47 am

mattb47 wrote:Yea, that is a good point Jimboozie. I'm officially changing my vote to option 2.

With Matt changing his vote it would make the poll read 7-4 in favor of option 2.

Everyone still didn't post their votes so I hope this is accurate.

We'll be using option 2 for the penalty for illegal lineups.

Sorry Sniper, but I just went and took the top QB & top RB off of your week 1 team. And doing this gives you a loss by only 7.15. :-/

PLEASE DON'T POST ANYMORE ILLEGAL LINEUPS!! :-b

And if anyone notices an illegal lineup, please do the right thing (like last week) and try to contact that person so that they can change it.

;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Weekend Waiver Requests

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:09 am

Here's where I'll post which owners get to pick up which players each weekend after Tuesday at midnight.

Remember, the 1st request that you PM gets top priority. If you get that player your waiver priority goes to the end of the line for your 2nd request of the week.

If you want to request more than 1 player in one PM, you must rank the players in the order that you want them. Or you can just send separate PM's for each player requested, with the highest priority being PMed 1st.

Also, please put "Weekend Waiver Request" in the title of the PM. This way I know not to open the PM until after Tuesday night at midnight.

Here's a copy of the system so that you don't have to look at the rules thread:

WAIVERS
We will have a waiver priority system. The initial priority order will be the reverse of the offensive veteran draft order. When a player is dropped from a team he gets put on waivers for 24 hours. If more than 1 owner puts in a claim for a player on waivers, the owner with the highest waiver priority gets that player and then moves to the back of the waiver priority order. If noone put's in a claim for a dropped player, the player becomes a free agent at the end of the 24 hours and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

Waiver priority is cumulative over the entire season, so if you were #1 last week and you didn't use your waiver priority, then you're #1 this week (i.e. it doesn't reset).

Once the 1st game of a given week starts (early Saturday or Sunday games) all free agents get put on waivers until Tuesday at Midnight (EST), which is about 24 hours after the Monday Night game. Noone will be allowed to pick up or drop any players during this time. Let's call this time period the "Weekend Waiver Period".

The exception is when there is a Thursday game. Only the players playing on Thursday will get locked early. The rest of the players will get locked when the 1st Saturday or Sunday game starts in that week.

During the Weekend Waiver Period, all owners that want to put in a claim for any player will PM me their request. If I want to put in a claim for any player I will PM dream my request. All requests will have "Weekend Waiver Request" as the title of the PM. dream & I will not be allowed to read these requests until after the Weekend Waiver Period is over (Tuesday, Midnight (EST)). Everyone that puts in a Weekend Waiver Request will know that dream & I didn't read the request early because the PM will still be in everyones outbox. This ensures that all requests will remain private.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period is over, the owner who had the highest priority gets the requested player. This owner can now go to yahoo to officially add the player to his team and drop a player (to keep a legal roster).

If you want to make a request for more than 1 player, put the players in priority order in the PM, based on your preference of which one is highest on your priority list. If one owner puts in multiple requests over the Weekend Waiver Period, the 1st player listed/requested will be the 1st player considered as far as waiver priority goes. Once you use your first claim, that moves you to the back of the line for your #2 waiver claim.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period ends (12:01 EST Wednesday Morning), all unpicked players become free agents and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis until the next Weekend Waiver Period begins.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:18 am

WEEK 2 Players to be added based on our priority waiver system:

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League