Ahman Green Predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:41 pm

citybirds27 wrote:SAMKON GADO
Man I wish it was that easy...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:41 pm

As long as Green can stay healthy all season(not likely) he could be a viable #2 rb, since they do have probably the easiest run D schedules and 2nd easiest overall schedule.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:52 pm

I think Green is a decent guy to look at as a RB3/4, if you also secure Gado. In other words, it's like playing Russian Roulette with a semi-auto handgun, it seems like a good idea at the time, but it's not likely to end well. My guess for Green in terms of stats, 700 yds, 5 tds. My money is on him getting hurt or being ineffective.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:58 pm

SniperShot wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:SAMKON GADO
Man I wish it was that easy...

me too :,-(
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:02 pm

Gado wont take carries away from Green. A healthy Green is twice the back that Gado is. Id want Green as a 3rd RB but wouldnt feel comfortable with him as my number 2.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:29 pm

the injury he's coming off is brutal. Equal or worse than an ACL tear. He's still the most talented back on the roster and is playing for a starting gig since he's in a contract year. Gado is less than a factor than you'd think from what I've heard on packer forums.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:06 pm

If he plays sometime this preseason and looks decent I would give him a shot in the middle round. I'd back that pick up with Gado, who I see falling farther and farther in drafts these days. A 7th/12th combo pick on those two could be well worth it IMO.

On the other hand, I see myself passing on Ahman Green if I have the chance to draft him right now. Even at this point in the preseason while situations are being cleared up or even more muddled, there is still better value out there IMO. Wait and see mode.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:46 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Gado wont take carries away from Green. A healthy Green is twice the back that Gado is. Id want Green as a 3rd RB but wouldnt feel comfortable with him as my number 2.

Oh..you mean the same Green that couldn't break 70 yards..and the Gado that broke 100 a game easily with the same offensive line? I don't own either guys but if I had a choice in it, I'd take Gado 10/10 times.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:48 am

you guys should know that Gado and Davenport both have had terrible camps and Gado might struggle to make the final roster cuts. Younger guys like Arliss Beach have performed better.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Gnu314 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:08 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Gado wont take carries away from Green. A healthy Green is twice the back that Gado is. Id want Green as a 3rd RB but wouldnt feel comfortable with him as my number 2.

Oh..you mean the same Green that couldn't break 70 yards..and the Gado that broke 100 a game easily with the same offensive line? I don't own either guys but if I had a choice in it, I'd take Gado 10/10 times.

Gado racked up something like 568 yards in 8 games. I'm not that great at math but I'm pretty sure thats less than 100 yards per game.

I don't understand why people are so hot on Gado, he really wasn't that great and several of his "big ones" came in garbage time. Not to mention the "lateral" fumble safety.... sigh.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk