SJAX just became the #4 RB - What do YOU think? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SJAX just became the #4 RB - What do YOU think? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:04 am

Kensat30 wrote:The main concern I have with Steven Jackson is his injury status. It's not that he's a Foster or Chris Perry type always getting hurt, but just that he seems to get nicked up a lot. He's had several "minor" knee injuries over the course of a less than 2 full seasons, including offseason cleanup surgery. And I get the impression that he might not be the best option as a #1 RB if he is constantly playing at 80-90%. St. Louis' turf, even the new stuff, is not kind to RBs and that doesn't help matters.

The upside is tremendous with his talent and situation, but the health issues are troublesome.

I drafted Steven Jackson in my main money league at #7, although in hindsight, I wish I would have taken Steve Smith.

My other starting RBs are Jamal, Dillon, and M.Bell drafted in rounds 3,4, and 6.

Once again Kensat mentions something that really hadn't been disussed (i.e. the Turf in St. Louis). ;-D

IIRC it's more like traditional turf than the "plastic grass" we're seeing in some stadiums. Not good for the knees.

Doesn't change where I have S-Jax now (#4), but it's definately worth considering.

I think the Davis "signing" has about as much effect on S-Jax's value as the Duckett signing had on Portis': Little to none. If anything it may be beneficial in the long run. Would you rather lose 2 or 3 TDs or have your first rounder miss significant time?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Wooters » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:17 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:The main concern I have with Steven Jackson is his injury status. It's not that he's a Foster or Chris Perry type always getting hurt, but just that he seems to get nicked up a lot. He's had several "minor" knee injuries over the course of a less than 2 full seasons, including offseason cleanup surgery. And I get the impression that he might not be the best option as a #1 RB if he is constantly playing at 80-90%. St. Louis' turf, even the new stuff, is not kind to RBs and that doesn't help matters.

The upside is tremendous with his talent and situation, but the health issues are troublesome.

I drafted Steven Jackson in my main money league at #7, although in hindsight, I wish I would have taken Steve Smith.

My other starting RBs are Jamal, Dillon, and M.Bell drafted in rounds 3,4, and 6.

Once again Kensat mentions something that really hadn't been disussed (i.e. the Turf in St. Louis). ;-D

IIRC it's more like traditional turf than the "plastic grass" we're seeing in some stadiums. Not good for the knees.

Doesn't change where I have S-Jax now (#4), but it's definately worth considering.

I think the Davis "signing" has about as much effect on S-Jax's value as the Duckett signing had on Portis': Little to none. If anything it may be beneficial in the long run. Would you rather lose 2 or 3 TDs or have your first rounder miss significant time?

The Duckett signing has little to no effect on Portis? Huh? Duckett is the premier TD vulture in the entire NFL. Portis has no shot at the goal line carries anymore. That is HUGE news.

If Davis signs I'm not 100% sure if he'll get the goal line touches becuase SJax is more than capable. But Portis wasn't a great goal line back to begin with.
Wooters
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 pm

Here's the latest on Jackson's injury status - he claims he's at about 90% and just needs some rest:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk