Joey Galloway - Will he repeat last year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joey Galloway - Will he repeat last year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joey Galloway - Will he repeat last year?

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:58 am

What do you think Galloway will do this year? Will a healthy Clayton cut into his value?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:53 pm

Clayton or no I have an awfully hard time seeing Galloway repeat his '05 numbers. However, if he stays healthy he should be a decent WR2.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Clayton or no I have an awfully hard time seeing Galloway repeat his '05 numbers. However, if he stays healthy he should be a decent WR2.

I agree - no repeat of last year, but should still be solid. I have noticed him slipping a bit in the drafts I have done, so he may be able to deliver a lot of value relative to draft position.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby giants! » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:04 pm

I am not fond of Chris Simms at all, I have him ranked the #29 quarterback. The Bucaneers actually have a lot of recieving options in Galloway, Clayton, Boston, Hilliard and Smith. With all that said, I don't think Galloway will come even close to repeating last year's numbers.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:13 pm

giants! wrote:I am not fond of Chris Simms at all, I have him ranked the #29 quarterback. The Bucaneers actually have a lot of recieving options in Galloway, Clayton, Boston, Hilliard and Smith. With all that said, I don't think Galloway will come even close to repeating last year's numbers.

Most of the reports I have heard from camp indicate that Simms has been very impressive in camp. Some have mentioned that he and Galloway are really developing a good chemistry with each other.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Billsbacker » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:26 pm

No way does he repeat - that was his career year - but how much does he falloff? That is the question.....based on his ADP, most are assuming that he will dropoff somewhat signficantly (which is unusual - drafters often over-emphasize last year's results).

I would definitely consider him if he drops far enough, but I also would not be surprised if a healthy Clayton actually posts better numbers than Galloway this year.
Billsbacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:41 pm

deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk