Chester Taylor vs. Desaun Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chester Taylor vs. Desaun Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:07 pm

I agree, and in the third round, chester is a decent pick I guess, I just wouldn't wanna drop a 17th overall pick on him. Much rather have a stout WR in the 2nd round than chester.

I don't always think the preseason means nothing, I think after the first game, if the right personnel are in, the first quarter can sometimes tell you a lot. Minny was healthy when I saw them, and they couldn't give chester any room.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Taylor. And it's not even close for me. He's a clear-cut starter in a good offense, while DeAngelo wasn't drafted where he was to watch DeShaun.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mr. Baseball » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:42 pm

foster is better
Mr. Baseball
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:16 am

I think Chester will shine with Minney (or atleast I hope). When Jamal has been hurt or taken out he looked pretty good. Plus, the o-line I think will pull togther!! ;-D

If Deshaun stays unjury free, I think he too has a chance at a good season! But I still put Chester in front of him.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:34 am

Taylor will be a stat hog this year. I wouldn't expect more than 10 TDs this year but he's going to have alot of receiving yards and while the guys up front haven't worked together much, they are pros and some of the best in the business. I'd expect them to come along more and more as the season progresses. His schedule is relatively easy.

I'd say Lamont from last year and then a little more.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:46 am

whoever says deshaun foster is injury prone is to lazy to do any homework. the fact of the matter is deshaun isnt injury prone and he's being featured in the carolina, jon fox led offense. ill take foster no doubt about it.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:48 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Taylor. And it's not even close for me. He's a clear-cut starter in a good offense, while DeAngelo wasn't drafted where he was to watch DeShaun.

cedric benson was drafted 4th overall last year and watched from the bench. maroneys a first rounder who will be watching from the bench. it's deshauns job to lose.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:55 am

If Foster stays healthy he could easily put up top ten numbers. Taylor has yet to prove that he can run effectively as the feature back.

However it isn't so much who is better, but who is valued more. It is stunning sometimes to see who takes whe where. Were I you and had the #1 pick I wouldn't hesitate to spend my #2-3 pick on either back, but might risk taking the best two stud WR there and gamble on a RB falling to me in the 4th. It depends much on your scoring system and who is taken. GL.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:41 pm

moochman wrote:If Foster stays healthy he could easily put up top ten numbers. Taylor has yet to prove that he can run effectively as the feature back.

However it isn't so much who is better, but who is valued more. It is stunning sometimes to see who takes whe where. Were I you and had the #1 pick I wouldn't hesitate to spend my #2-3 pick on either back, but might risk taking the best two stud WR there and gamble on a RB falling to me in the 4th. It depends much on your scoring system and who is taken. GL.

Had that situation happem to me earlier while doing a practice draft on yahoo. I had the 1st pick in a 10 team league. Took LT #1 then took Fitz and Holt with my 2nd and 3rd round picks. When it got back to me in the 4th I took Taylor. I actually got Foster with my 6th round.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk