Pluto Demoted to "Dwarf Planet" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Pluto Demoted to "Dwarf Planet"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:19 am

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote: I'm just wondering, if Xena was found in 2003, how can they know it's orbit? And if they did, isn't the orbit going to take a couple centuries to go around once? And if that's true, they've been tracking it for that long? How do they know it's orbit? :-?

They only have to observe it for a few days to get a grasp of its orbit. That tells them the direction and speed of the "planet." They use formulas developed by Kepler and Newton to work out the rest.

don't forget tycho brahe. ;-)

Brahe couldn't calculate his way out of a wet paper bag. I don't even have him in my top ten, to be honest with you. His stats are all based on the system, not on his individual talent. I've got Newton at 1a, Kepler at 1b and then Pythagorus, Pascal, Fibonacci make the next tier.

Seriously, I think Brahe's medial isn't fully healed from that carpal he had, and I doubt he's going to come close to last season's numbers with that quill. He's bound to go down again.

What about the questions with Kepler's O-line. There is no way I would draft him top 2.....oh, wait, this isn't the football leftovers forum :-/ :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:22 am

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote: I'm just wondering, if Xena was found in 2003, how can they know it's orbit? And if they did, isn't the orbit going to take a couple centuries to go around once? And if that's true, they've been tracking it for that long? How do they know it's orbit? :-?

They only have to observe it for a few days to get a grasp of its orbit. That tells them the direction and speed of the "planet." They use formulas developed by Kepler and Newton to work out the rest.

Brahe couldn't calculate his way out of a wet paper bag. I don't even have him in my top ten, to be honest with you. His stats are all based on the system, not on his individual talent. I've got Newton at 1a, Kepler at 1b and then Pythagorus, Pascal, Fibonacci make the next tier.

Seriously, I think Brahe's medial isn't fully healed from that carpal he had, and I doubt he's going to come close to last season's numbers with that quill. He's bound to go down again.

well. i'm assuming that you're joking. anyway, i have much respect for anyone that dies from a bladder that exploded from too much wine. what a way to go. ;-D

any kepler wouldn't be kepler without tycho.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:24 am

moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:

well. i'm assuming that you're joking. anyway, i have much respect for anyone that dies from a bladder that exploded from too much wine. what a way to go. ;-D

Yep! Although, a fantasy Mathematician League would be cool! :-b

OK, no it wouldn't. I'm joking about that, too.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:26 pm

danleroi22 wrote:
josebach wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:What??!? Pluto??!? My beloved planet!!!

NOOOOOO! They can't do this can they???

:-b

Classic... simply classic.

now it's even better ;-7

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 pm

NERDS!!!!!!

:-B
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby knapplc » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:NERDS!!!!!!

:-B

Maybe, but we still get chicks. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:01 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Yep! Although, a fantasy Mathematician League would be cool! :-b

OK, no it wouldn't. I'm joking about that, too.

me and my Image will pwen all
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:54 am

:^ :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Tiki » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:37 pm

How did this make 6 pages?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:01 pm

Tiki wrote:How did this make 6 pages?

Because, since 1930 (I think) there have always been 9 planets in our system. Now, there are 8. My world is crashing all around me and I don't know what to do now....
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk