Bengals/Packers - Preseason Week 3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals/Packers - Preseason Week 3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals/Packers - Preseason Week 3

Postby jayday » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:38 pm

Heeeeeerrrrre's Carson ;-D

Carson confirmed today that he will start Monday versus Green Bay....He said playing in the 2nd half was also a possibility....

Week 3 is always the best indicator of how a team will look in the regular season, so here are some things I'll be looking for on Moday night....

-Obviously how Carson looks...That's a given...

-Offensive line getting on track in the run game....They have been disappointing so far, but I don't doubt that things will get back on track and give some lanes for Rudi...

-Defense focusing on stopping the big play....We can't have 60-yard runs or 50-yard passes like last week in Buffalo....They look to be keeping pace on causing the turnovers though....

-Continued improvement along the D-line....They don't even look like the same group as last year, and we haven't even seen big Sam Adams yet.....Justin is solid, Robinson looks to be more comfortable after the switch from DT to DE , Geathers looks as explosive as he did in 2004, Peko (4th round draft pick) looks like he is ready to be right in the thick of the rotation with his stellar play so far, John Thornton is John Thornton nothing flashy but he does an okay job, Shaun Smith looks like he's in better shape and is getting better lateral movement, Frostee Rucker looks very versatile and should be able to play any of the 4 spots, my personal roster hopeful Eric Henderson looked much better in Game 2 than Game 1 using a lot of penetration with greater quickness.....

-David Pollack back from injury....I look for him to be a game changer ths season but missing all those training camp reps have certainly hindered him....

-Position battles.....I love the depth of the team at nearly every position this year....I think the only place we are thin is at Safety, so I'm anxious to see who makes the cut for the final 53 man roster on September 2nd....

Can't wait for Monday....Go Bengals ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:20 pm

I'll be there ;-D Should be wild in the jungle on Monday night with the return of Carson!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Tsizzle » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:51 pm

dont forget that big boy sam adams will be there...if he can run onto the feild without collapsing
[img]RIPsean[/img]
Tsizzle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby pdub » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:18 pm

;-D
pdub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby whodey#9 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:22 pm

Palmer looked GREAT!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D :-D :-D :-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:23 pm

I will cheer with you guys since my Lions suck and Cincy is my 2nd fav team :D
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby whodey#9 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:23 pm

CrashOverrid3 wrote:I will cheer with you guys since my Lions suck and Cincy is my 2nd fav team :D

welcome ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CrashOverrid3 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:27 pm

whodey#9 wrote:
CrashOverrid3 wrote:I will cheer with you guys since my Lions suck and Cincy is my 2nd fav team :D

welcome ;-D

:-B
*I created this sig!
CrashOverrid3
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby jayday » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:19 am

In the words of the philosophical mind of Lil' Jon: "Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah!" :D

What a performance.....You couldn't have scripted a better return last night for Carson....He looked amazing....Seeing is believing, and the league just took a long hard swallow because Carson is back ;-)

The defense was looking great, granted the Packers are a young team, but our guys were swarming....They got the offense grat field position, still caused turnovers, and for the 3rd week in the row put points on the board....Sam Adams' big butt looked great last night, he is going to be everything we've hoped for in shoring up the D-line....He makes everyone around him better.....The LBs showed their depth, playing LJ, Caleb, and Rashad for a lot of the first half as Odell, Brian, and Pollack didn't play (Pollack played like 1 series) It's great having 2 safeties like Dex and Madieu back there....Last year's nightmare in the middle of the secondary is only a memory....

Looing good for '06 fellas ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SniperShot » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:50 am

Yeah Palmer and pretty much the whole team looked great last night. Here's to a healthy and great season. Put on a show for the NFL Palmer and Co! I know they will.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Return to Cincinnati Bengals