Lamar Gordon=The next Portis? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lamar Gordon=The next Portis?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cliff Harris » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:39 pm

mikehunt wrote:... I think YES gordon can have a portis like season ...

I say no way it'll happen, even if Faulk were out for the year. He's just not that talented and Martz is still the coach.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Clarionbigtimer » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:26 am

this gordon guy isn't fit to carry troy hambricks shoes
Clarionbigtimer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby hurricanes_fan » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:39 am

umm yeah, asap and 6-8 weeks are a little off from each other. i do believe that gordon is going to be a very good back in this league. he is an all around back and has a good teacher in faulk. is he going to be the next portis though? why do people always compare? i think that picking up gordon is a good bet and that he will eventually establish his own style and name.
hurricanes_fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby big shot » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:44 am

gordan is a nice pickup, faulk is yesterdays news just like warner is yesterdays news, the rams will rally around gordan. when faulk comes back , they will use them both, basically faulk will wash gordans sweaty jock strap. face it guys who drafted faulk you got played. your season is over, start preparing for fantasy racing. faulk will play a couple more years wasting space like emmit does now. gordan will not be that far behind portis. the rams have a better line than the broncos. troy hambrick ARE YOU KIDDING ME. that guy is a wast a#@%$ that should of been left on the sheets. dont ever compare gordan to him
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hurricanes_fan » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:58 am

yeah, i agree with big shot. emmitt sucks, always has. anybody could have ran behind the cowboys o-line in the 90's.

warner is going to go back to being a stock boy at the local grocery store and faulk is going to start being confused with the teams trainers.

rams had their greatest show on earth deal and now it is back to the greatest flop on earth.
hurricanes_fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtarail » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:52 am

Lets not get totally carried away guys. Faulk won't be back next week but he CLEARLY won't be gone for 8 damn weeks. As Sporting News fantasy reported, he's expected back in 4-6 weeks.

Marshall Faulk - RB Sept. 24, 7:10 p.m.

Faulk had surgery Wednesday to repair torn cartilage in his right knee. Faulk also has two broken bones in his left hand that are expected to sideline him four-to-six weeks. The knee is expected to heal within three weeks.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Challie » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:49 am

Challie wrote:And I'm going to continue to ask this question: Is anyone concerned that Faulk has 2 things to heal from? (The hand & the knee surgery.) No one seems at all concerned that he's not going to miss a beat after a knee surgery, albeit a minor one.

Can someone address this question above?

Clarionbigtimer wrote:this gordon guy isn't fit to carry troy hambricks shoes

I'm not sure of the motivation for making this statement (unless you've got Hambrick on your roster and you're trying to pump yourself up).

Nothing is for sure but I'd feel very good about betting that Gordon outperforms Hambrick til the return of Faulk. I'm just basing this on the fact that I've seen Gordon have 2 very good fantasy games in 2 starts and I have not seen one beneficial fantasy perfomance yet in Hambrick's career. Hambrick can start turning it on anytime now, but I'm just saying it hasn't happened at all yet.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby zombiez » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:23 am

don't really see how anyone can say Emmitt suks, regardless of the o line, the man still did what he did....and as far as Gordan, truly only time will tell, if we could all predict such things, we would all be very rich men, and before Faulk got hurt, the only thing wrong with him was the imbecile calling the plays(PSSSSTT....hay Martz, watch a Kansas City game sometime, maybe this will give you a hint how to utilize the talent you have.......DUH!!!!!)
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby anth » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:37 pm

Chris Mortensen has said if you took numbers off the jerserys earlier in the year you would have a hard time telling Faulk and Gordon apart. I haven't seen Gordon run much personally but this isn't just any shmuck saying this.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:45 pm

What's not to love about Gordon. Most teams just added a starting running back to their team at the expense of just about nothing (maybe waiver priority). I am not saying he is going to be great, but he is definitely a great pickup. If he sucks, no problem, just drop him and there is no loss. If he is great then he could possibly put a fantasy team over the top. You have to love it when free agent running backs produce like first rounders. Shaun Alexander put me over the top two years ago.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk