Reuben Droughns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reuben Droughns

Moderator: Football Moderators

Reuben Droughns

Postby MotorCityKitties » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Last year this guy had an almost identical season to his 2004 Denver year.

Rush Yards
04: 1240
05: 1232

Rec Yards
04: 241
05: 369

The one big difference was his TD's

04: 8 (6rush 2rec)
05: 2 rush only

Can we expect RD to have more TD's this season? Other than the difference in O-lines, is there a reason why he didn't score more with CLE? I like him a lot this year and it seems like he slips a lot in some leagues.
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:19 pm

Lack of offense in Cleveland is the biggest difference between his numbers from year to year. I like Charlie Frye, but I don't think the offense will get enough deep red-zone opportunities for Droughns to really improve his TD totals. The yards will certainly be there, but I wouldn't expect more than 6 scores at best just because it's Cleveland. I also think losing Bentley has to hurt a bit. He's argueably the best blocker the Browns had.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Yeah, losing Bentley hurt big time. I expect 5-8 TDs this year, nothing special.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby mrblitz » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:45 pm

Cleveland get's behind and are forced to throw alot. I don't think the loss of Bentley will hurt. Reuben never had him there , so how can he be missed?

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

2 TDs

Postby freeling_prideful » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 pm

I think people are too down on Droughns this year. They say they don't think he can do better, and that Cleveland won't get enough red-zone looks, but...

2 TDs is ridiculously terrible. Droughns was really unlucky last year in this category, and even on a bad team he is the only real rushing option, which makes him good for (as someone said earlier) 5-8 TDs. This doesn't make him a stud running back, but the improvement over last year is not insignificant. If he gets the same yards but converts more opps at the goal-line, he'll all of a sudden become a very serviceable RB2 option.[/quote]
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk