strategy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

strategy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

strategy?

Postby bengalfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:38 am

I'm a 1st time fantasy footballer. I'm in a private league with right now only 4 others, but there will be about 3 others in. My question is that since there aren't many people in the league, should i rate certain positions higher than one normally would? For example, most people tend to rate a ton of running backs and quarterbacks in the top of all of the lists. Would it give me an edge to rate a tight end like shockey or gonzalez to insure that i get the best tight end, instead of having a bunch of running backs or quarterbacks on the bench. By the way, it's an auto draft. Basically, what would be a good strategy in a draft of this nature? I know the 1st pick is going to be M. Faulk so I'm not even going to rank him. I pick 4th..thanks
bengalfan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:27 pm

Don't let Faulk off yur list, you start there and go on to leave another guy off, then another, and thus could miss a top guy because others also follow that thinking...

Rank him #1, it's not much work and won't hurt or help.

Generally, in shallower leagues everything stays pretty much the same, but in later rounds you won't have to go for sleepers that much because solid veteran starters are still available and just because everyone says a certain guy should be grabbed in the late rounds as a sleeper it doesn't mean this guy would start on your team in a shallow league!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bengalfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:45 pm

Thanks for the reply. That was exactly what kind of answer I was looking for. I kind of hate that I can't go after sleepers b/c I feel that's where it could get really fun and strategic. I want to get guys on my team like Donte Stallworth and Chris Chambers. Would one of these guys be worth reaching for in such a small pool? I don't want to take up to much space but here's how I have em' rated from my top 12: 1:FAULK 2:K.WARNER 3:P.HOLMES 4:T.OWENS 5:D.MCALISTER 6:SHAUN ALEXANDER 7:J.GARCIA 8:L.TOMLINSON 9:P.MANNING 10:M.HARRISON 11:ERIC MOULDS 12:D.BOSTON i know there are some reaches there but isn't that how you win by taking certain gambles that others do not. what do you think of this ? this is a rough draft and is prob. going to change. THANKS A LOT!
bengalfan

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk