Puttin' too much faith in my Vikes! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Puttin' too much faith in my Vikes!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Puttin' too much faith in my Vikes!

Postby kwirefire » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:46 pm

We'll see how this week ends up for me...

I picked up K. Campbell to take Moss' place and Picked up the Def, just cuz there wasn't a better match up available w/o using my Waiver.

I just got this feeling... They're gonna do the Job!

;-D ;-D ;-D
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:55 pm

Good Luck! ;-D
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Puttin' too much faith in my Vikes!

Postby Cliff Harris » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:12 pm

kwirefire wrote:... I picked up K. Campbell to take Moss' place ...

Does that mean you're not playing Moss at all? If a Viking fan isn't playing him, well gee, how and the heck are the rest of us gonna take a chance on him?

I have Tai Streets as my third WR, and I feel pretty good about playing him, but obviously I'd much rather have a moderately healthy Randy in there. Right?!
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tomkatt » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:36 pm

Moss will play this week, heck even Culpepper is trying to. 8-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:55 pm

They are right, Moss will play. If you like the Vikes, read the Minn. paper. It gives you all the updates on the players. But I am trustin g in Kelly this week too. But, I sure wish I had Moss...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:20 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:Good Luck! ;-D

agreed...but your gona need more then luck!...Minn defense is not a good play this week...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fntsyrookie » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:11 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:
Guttpuppy wrote:Good Luck! ;-D

agreed...but your gona need more then luck!...Minn defense is not a good play this week...

HUH? I can't here ya Dazey...sounds like you might have a paper bag on your head or something... ;-)
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kwirefire » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:07 pm

Yup... I screwed up! Big Time! Heck, Campbell wasn't even #2 WR. left town fri... couldn't make changes and Missed out on the week Moss woulda givin me 35 pts!! I'm hanging my head in shame... I thought it was gonna be the other way around, Moss out Cpep in.

Oh well, I still have a shot at a W and I got to go see the Vikes game, so it's all good
kwirefire
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:21 pm

kwirefire wrote:Yup... I screwed up! Big Time! Heck, Campbell wasn't even #2 WR. left town fri... couldn't make changes and Missed out on the week Moss woulda givin me 35 pts!! I'm hanging my head in shame... I thought it was gonna be the other way around, Moss out Cpep in.

Oh well, I still have a shot at a W and I got to go see the Vikes game, so it's all good

wow, that sucks, I know the feeling, I benched J.Lewis on his record breaking day
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:34 am

Ouch.Can't say I understand either of those benchings (moss, Lewis)

Vikes are looking solid though. I was kind of jokingly debating with a friend about whether Moss was better with a guy like Frerotte at QB. Him outjumping the DB's all game long reminded me of the season with Cinningham. Lots of big, rainbow bombs to Moss for TD's.

Culpepper seems to throw a straighter deep ball, changing the arc of the ball and Moss' style of catching it. It's foolish to think about a QB change, but Moss will destroy teams if he is allowed to do that.

I hope the D is improved, but I wouldn't want to rely on them for fantasy points. they did almost score at the end of the half, but relying on picks is a risky way to accumulate points. They don't sack the QB alot, and they aren't a physical, dominating unit.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk