Priest's Hip - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest's Hip

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest's Hip

Postby The Dude_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:01 pm

I don't have him but I might trade while his value is so high right now if I did. You could get just about anybody for him, maybe 2 good starters...

Kansas City News:  Well here we go again....Yup you guessed it another RB with issues.  It turns out RB Priest Holmes is now questionable for this game.  Padre's surgically repaired hip is giving him problems, according to General manager Carl Peterson on his weekly radio show.  However Peterson says Holmes will play, just like last week when he didn't practice. 
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby intense » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:05 pm

Im not sure what i'd do if i owned holmes... i dont own him in either of my leagues, but if I did, I'd try to trade him for ricky and maybe a good wr? I dunno, its possible that with one good shot he could be out for a longgg time...
intense
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:04 pm

I said it at the begining of the year, Holmes can't go a season without getting injured. If I had him, I would trade him for a good rb and a good wr.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:29 pm

Everyone questioned his health last week, but he still got the job done. He's been the most consistent RB in football so far this year, and no one you can start even compares to him. So given the fickleness of injuries in the nfl, why go with anyone else?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:30 pm

The people that have Holmes are currently basking in the aura (imagined or real) of their drafting brilliance right now. He has as many or more TDs in 3 games than the following players had all of last year:

Jamal Lewis
Edgerrin James
Corey Dillon
Randy Moss
Plaxico Burress...

You get the idea.

If you want him, you'll have to pry him from my cold, dead hands (or something like that).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:02 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I said it at the begining of the year, Holmes can't go a season without getting injured. If I had him, I would trade him for a good rb and a good wr.

What in the hell are you talking about? How many games did he miss in 1998? How many games did he miss in 2000? How many games did he miss in 2001 when he won the rushing title? Do you know how many games he's missed in the last 3 years?... 2. How many games did Ricky Williams miss since he joined the league 4 years ago?...10.

He's probably one of the many owners who have sour grapes for passing up on Priest when they had a chance. :,-(
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:03 pm

M_Zimm wrote:I said it at the begining of the year, Holmes can't go a season without getting injured. If I had him, I would trade him for a good rb and a good wr.

What in the hell are you talking about? How many games did he miss in 1998? How many games did he miss in 2000? How many games did he miss in 2001 when he won the rushing title? Do you know how many games he's missed in the last 3 years?... 2. How many games did Ricky Williams miss since he joined the league 4 years ago?...10.

He's probably one of the many owners who have sour grapes for passing up on Priest when they had a chance. :,-(
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:04 pm

josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby senseiosin » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:06 pm

Ok joseback, we get it.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby josebach » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:19 pm

How in the hell did I triple post? Sorry about that fellas.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk