Who the eff is DD's backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who the eff is DD's backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who the eff is DD's backup?

Postby JGarrison » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:08 pm

This is so annoying, I dont have room for both of them! :-t :-o

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... antasy/nfl

1. Wali Lundy (RB, Hou) – Don't look now, but I'm really feeling some Lundy these days, and it's not because he's from southern NJ like me (after all, William Green, who went to high school two miles from my house didn't exactly pan out). I'm not saying he's going to pan out for sure, but everything is in place for him to be a big surprise. He played under a former NFL head coach in Al Groh at Virginia, ran in a zone-blocking scheme, and this is the same system that has made stars out of no-name backs in Denver. He's excelled in the preseason, and he appears to be ahead of Vernand Morency, who is not as good a fit for their system as Lundy. Although fossil Antowain Smith is still there and could be a roadblock, if Domanick Davis misses time, I think Lundy could really surprise in this improved situation. At worst, I can easily envision his starting a couple of games for them and doing well. And here's something that may surprise you: Lundy might be the Week 1 starter for this team. I've picked him up in every league I can this month, and I drafted him in the 11th round on 8/23 in an Expert League.

Aug 24 Morency (leg) was back in practice for the Texans on Wednesday, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Morency will resume his quest to land the Texans' starting tailback job. At this point, he seems to be the frontrunner, and could be a great late-round pick in your drafts.
JGarrison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:34 pm

A better question might be: "Why is DD on your team in the first place?" :*)

Anyways, I don't think anyone has a good idea of who's currently #2. I'd keep my eye on this Lundy guy, though; he's looked really good so far.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Kubiak is talking about a committee regardless of who wins the job. I can almost guarantee you both Lundy and Morency share a good deal of carries with or without Davis. Both have the talent right now and there's no clear winner so why not use both? I'd say Lundy has a slight edge since he's faced 1st team defenses.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Both Lundy and Morency have looked good in their early action. If I had to roll the dice on one of them, it would be Morency. Earlier draft pick anothe year under his belt and has impressed Kubiak. JMO
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ColtsFan27 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Both have been impressive, the difference is Lundy did it facing #1 defense and Morency did it against #2's! You make the call, I'd go with Lundy myself! ;-D

It 's a gamble either way :-P
ColtsFan27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:18 pm

I think this:

Morency because he's been around longer and looked great...so had lundy but Kubiac will let the vet go first.

In keeper leagues I'd much rather have Lundy.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Lung » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:23 am

Wali Lundy is being drafted as high as the 7th or 8th round in the last few days according to Antsports average draft info.

What is an appropriate round to draft him?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby tomkatt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:15 pm

The Lung wrote:Wali Lundy is being drafted as high as the 7th or 8th round in the last few days according to Antsports average draft info.

What is an appropriate round to draft him?

I'd think rounds 8-10 would be a good target.
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J.C.Fighter » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:21 pm

Lundy went undrafted in my league
;-D ;-D

Oh and anyone of you guys interested in a competitive fantasy league??
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=246099
J.C.Fighter
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Rosstafarian » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:57 pm

Lundy went undrafted in my league (unlike Morency), and I was lucky enough to snag him off waivers for Greg Jones, about 24 hours after he blew out his knee.

Good thing I know about this board. I knew Jones' injury was more serious than speculated on before anyone in my league and that Lundy, not Morency, would be the starter.

In a 12-team league with 24-man rosters, getting Lundy basically for free could be the steal of the year.
Rosstafarian
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk