Will Dillon come around? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Dillon come around?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Dillon come around?

Postby kevskins » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:57 pm

I drafted Corey Dillon this year and it is the first time I have ever had him on my team. So far he is a dissappointment. has anyone any insight or opinions on him?
kevskins

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:03 pm

I think he will come around. I have posted this saying many times, but I will stand by it, I don't think a player can have the kind of years he has had in the past and then dissapear in the next year.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby hawksfan896 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:15 pm

He's been a little banged up this year, which could be good or bad. If he shakes off the injuries, there's no reason to think he can't be just as productive again this year.....but, if the injuries nag him all year, it could be a long year for Dillon owners. You have to figure he's taken quite a beating over the years behind the Bengals line, but hopefully he can overcome. I drafted him as well, and thought I had quite a coup in my 16 team league, with him and Ricky Williams. Also CMart, but I traded him off early (bad feeling that looks like it was right), but now I'm hurting a little at RB, especially this week with Ricky having a bye week. My overall advise is ride it out. Let him play a week or two healthy (which doesn't look like it'll be this week) and see how he does before you put up the white flag.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:54 am

I'm not a big Dillon fan. There's only a very few RB's that are serviceable, so sometimes you get stuck with guys like Dillon...and it sucks.

He'll have big games (maybe 2), but mostly he struggles. Dillon's production has always been like that. I'd argue his best seasons are heavily skewed by a couple big games. He should have been a fantasy star years ago. I don't think he will ever be anything but a frustrating headache who might be on your bench the week he finally pays off.

The only time I've owned him he was dropped (which is still a dumb move). I picked him up, started him and one of his games was his record setting day. He has huge potential, but it rarely pays off. I'm not sure if it is being a Bengal that has hurt him, or if his production varies so much of his own account.

If your looking to swap for a similar back, I'm sure the William Green owners would be willing to talk. I'd try to get Fred Taylor for him. Yeah he's a big injury risk, but he's more productive when he plays. I'd much rather have a guy who produces then gets hurt than a guy as inconsistent as Dillon.

Dillon is also a bit nicked up. That puts an even bigger question mark on him IMO. The Bengals will probably be down alot, so the running game might not be a constant. Play him if you have him, but if you can trade him for decent value I'd look to trade him. As much as I bash him, he's far from worthless. Don't trade him for nothing. There's still people who believe in him.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Dillon

Postby MrNut » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:55 am

I don't see him coming around. Looking at his schedule i see more bad matchups than good. He should have a decent week vs CLE. After that he will have 8 tough DEF in the next 12 weeks. He has always been great 1 week and bad the next.

:-t
"If it comes down to luck I should quit now"
MrNut
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Challie » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:41 am

Dillon is definitely not a top 8-10 back.

But there is something that I always like about Dillon - his predictability. For the past couple of years it seems that it's always easy to play matchups with him. He rarely goes off against a good defense, and he usually does a good job of taking care of business against the league's worth defenses.

So I like him against CLE this week. A lot.

Based on his career stats it seems like you can expect 1300 yards and 7-8 TDs from the guy. That's an average of 1/2 TD per game and about 80 yards, which doesn't seem like much. But if you can safely assume he's going to stink against BAL, CAR, TB, etc. (for something like 30 yards and 0 TD), then you can start to count a little more on a TD and 100 yards in his weeks against lousier defenses.

Yes, the Bengals schedule is rough for the next few weeks. (I picked up Bulger at a perfect time to be able to bench Dillon for a few, thank goodness.) But when it eases up he's looking alright for a while starting around Week 9. Just keep your eyes on playoff weeks (15/16) against SF & STL. I'd enjoy his weeks against ARIZ, SD, etc. and then ship him off.

Though who knows what's going to happen in the NFL. Corey can't be that predictable and things rarely work out as planned.

But if you have Dillon on your roster right now, his value's not where you want to trade him - and if you don't have him he's not exactly worth moving heaven & earth to get him.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk