Whats the feelings on Bulger.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats the feelings on Bulger..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Whats the feelings on Bulger..

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:05 am

In both my auction leagues this week... Bulger was cheaper than Delhomme and even Big Ben in one.. And of course he landed to me both times.. I di back him up w/ Brews and Plummer..

Wow; what a drop off... Is everyone that low on him.. he was a 6th to 7th round pick about 2 weeks ago..
Did I get a good deal???
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DGroundhog » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:16 am

I'd want him over Delhomme or Ben so yeah, that's a good deal.

I'm worried about the Rams this year though. They're supposedly going to run the ball more, so that might drop his value a bit. I'm not convinced they are going to be able to run as much as they want since they might be losing alot.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:46 am

His numbers will be down, but when u have Tory Holt u will still put up great numbers, but i would take Delhomme who has Smith and Key.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:55 pm

I ended up drafting Bulger as my QB this past weekend.

I worry about his health a bit more than anything but the way STL plays defense and with four games against SEA & ARZ they should be playing from behind so they'll have to pass right?

With Holt, Bruce & Curtis I'm sure Bulger will be fine.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mdHARRIS » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:15 pm

Yeah, I got Bulger in the 7th round of my draft this past weekend and think it's a steal. He gets injured a lot, but was able to back him up with Leftwich.
Rams will be playing catch up and his history shows some monster games in that scenario...
mdHARRIS
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:05 pm

If you can pair up Bulger with a very solid backup QB, I think you come away with a bigtime steal in drafts this year.

You just can't go wrong when you are tossing the rock to Holt, Bruce, Curtis, McDonald, Jackson, etc. He even has a TE this year. Injury is reall the only concern with Bulger. It is a real concern though and it might cause you to lose you a game when he goes out and/or force you to make some tough roster decisions later in the year. But that is offset by what he gets you when he is in IMO.

Bold prediction: He'll outperform Manning this season if he stays healthy.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby DevilDriver » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Bold prediction: He'll outperform Manning this season if he stays healthy.

I hope you mean Eli. :-D
DevilDriver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ateam » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:35 pm

In an 8 team draft on Friday, I snagged Bulger in 9th round (68 pick), after every team had taken their 1st QBs, then came back to tandem w/ Delhomme 3 rounds later.

Needless to say, I'm pretty comfortable behind center.

Things will be quite different in my 14 team, 20 round draft tonight! :-o
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:47 pm

hes becoming forgotten, he was on pace for 30 tds last yr.. If you can get a full season from him he could be top 5
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:09 am

Kensat30 wrote:Bold prediction: He'll outperform Manning this season if he stays healthy.

I lost $20 on that same prediction last year in week 3 or so (unfortunately our wager did not have injury waiver included) but I don't think I would make it again this year - Manning and the Colts will probably have to pass more this year with Rhodes/Addai at RB than with Edge... They do seem to have another juicy schedule this year though, so he might end up resting by the 3rd quarter a lot...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk