Whats the feelings on Bulger.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Whats the feelings on Bulger..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:11 pm

DevilDriver wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Bold prediction: He'll outperform Manning this season if he stays healthy.

I hope you mean Eli. :-D

Both
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:12 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Bold prediction: He'll outperform Manning this season if he stays healthy.

I lost $20 on that same prediction last year in week 3 or so (unfortunately our wager did not have injury waiver included) but I don't think I would make it again this year - Manning and the Colts will probably have to pass more this year with Rhodes/Addai at RB than with Edge... They do seem to have another juicy schedule this year though, so he might end up resting by the 3rd quarter a lot...

No injury waiver and you bet AGAINST Peyton Manning? Man you are crazy.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:No injury waiver and you bet AGAINST Peyton Manning? Man you are crazy.

At the time I was ahead by a decent percentage, and the Rams were in pass-happy mode while the Colts had already started to show their new-look defense-first game... But, yeah, the injury waiver should have been in there... Oh well, $20...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby a4ce » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:30 am

Got Bulger in the 7th and TGreen in the 13th to back him up. Even though they say they will run more, their D is suspect and will be playing catch up by throwing a bunch. Bulger is underrated this season. Big time.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:48 am

The only thing I worry about with Bulger is his health. If he stays healthy he has the talent and the weapons. Just make sure you get a servicable backup.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DrGeeves » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
DevilDriver wrote:

I hope you mean Eli. :-D

Both

Manning retired.

"which one?"
DrGeeves
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:26 pm

Bulger's injury forced me to trade for a new QB, which happened to be Favre, and that killed me in the playoffs. So I have hard feelings toward Bulger right now.

Also Martz is gone this year, and they will probably run a bit more, I dont think he will be a top 5 QB like I projected him to be last year. Bulger is still in the top 10 though.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:45 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:Bulger's injury forced me to trade for a new QB, which happened to be Favre, and that killed me in the playoffs. So I have hard feelings toward Bulger right now.

Also Martz is gone this year, and they will probably run a bit more, I dont think he will be a top 5 QB like I projected him to be last year. Bulger is still in the top 10 though.

Gerrard wasn't available on the waivers?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Jagator73 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 pm

I believe the drop in Bulger's stock is a combo of the injury last year, the departure of Martz and the predicted high # of carries by S-Jax this year...but I still think if Bulger stays healthy, he will produce nicely this season.
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Infidel » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:06 am

I always draft QB's late, then I follow up with my backup quickly. Took Bulger in the 7th and was happy but then thought about the injury risk and got nervous. While thinking about this, I decided to swing for the fences and took Kitna. Well, at least I can still get Leftwish off the WW.

Bottom line, SB's don't come without taking chances. Bulger is only an injury risk, not a production risk. And, he's much less of an injury risk than ever with Mad Mike (never protect your QB) gone.

So, yeah, I played both sides. A Mad Mike Qb very late and a more dependable one earlier. But, with knowledge of what would be there on the WW (Leftwich).

Lesson, always keep track of how many player each owner takes and it allow you to take risks as you will know what will be on the WW.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk