Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:11 pm

Quit the baseball analogies. Two entirely different sports, two entirely different fantasy sports.

Let's hear your arguments for Edge. All I'm hearing is that you think his scenery change to Arizona may cause an overreaction to where he is drafted, but there is no substance behind that.

You do know that Edge is still rated as a top10 RB by the majority of players right? That means he still costs a 1st round pick just like last year. I don't really see how he could possibly be undervalued as a 1st round pick, care to explain?

Other players around him may be overvalued, but Edge is not undervalued by any stretch of the imagination IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:15 pm

Edge just goes from the 4-5 range to the 8-9 range, no big deal if you pick there just take him if not you won't get him.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:25 pm

Edge should be alright.

I don't think he will have as many yards as last year..but he could very well have as many TDs. The Cardinals were an awful red-zone team. I look for Edge to get ALOT of carries in the red-zone.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby cordscords » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:39 pm

1200 Yards, 8-10 TD
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:35 am

Sure Edge has some questions this season but what RB other than LT doesn't.

I'd rather take a guy with a successful history (Edge) than one of the young rb's like Brown or Caddy who haven't really proven much but that's just me.

1200-1300 & 8-10 td's seem about right
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano??

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:41 pm

Gold Rush wrote:
Bowie wrote:
Gold Rush wrote:3. The offense will be on the field more cause of a bad defense, so he should see a ton of carries

I think you are getting this one backwards. Also, the quality of one's team is much more important to a RB in the NFL than to a baseball player.

I'm saying that the defense will allow quick scores, and Arizona will give more carries to James and be more of a time possession team, even though with those wideouts, they have quick score ability. I'd expect an increase in Arizona's time of possession this season.

The quality of the team yes, but whose to say that the Colts now have THAT much better of an offense? and whose to say that the Colts have THAT much better of a team than the Cards? I know that the Colts are better, but the Cards are a serious sleeper this season, and there season performance could rely on how well Edge does in the system. But with Edge gone in the Colts offense, they are less dynamic, and the Cards may even have the better offense. A star Running Back can do that for a team

If the defense is bad wouldnt they pass to try and keep up with their opponents rather than hand the ball off to Edgerrin James?
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:43 pm

I'm taking him @ 6 with 1 ppr.....gold grill and all
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:03 pm

Put it this way, I WOULDNT draft James even with YOUR draft pick!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano??

Postby Gold Rush » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:03 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
Gold Rush wrote:
Bowie wrote:
Gold Rush wrote:3. The offense will be on the field more cause of a bad defense, so he should see a ton of carries

I think you are getting this one backwards. Also, the quality of one's team is much more important to a RB in the NFL than to a baseball player.

I'm saying that the defense will allow quick scores, and Arizona will give more carries to James and be more of a time possession team, even though with those wideouts, they have quick score ability. I'd expect an increase in Arizona's time of possession this season.

The quality of the team yes, but whose to say that the Colts now have THAT much better of an offense? and whose to say that the Colts have THAT much better of a team than the Cards? I know that the Colts are better, but the Cards are a serious sleeper this season, and there season performance could rely on how well Edge does in the system. But with Edge gone in the Colts offense, they are less dynamic, and the Cards may even have the better offense. A star Running Back can do that for a team

If the defense is bad wouldnt they pass to try and keep up with their opponents rather than hand the ball off to Edgerrin James?

Sure, in the 4th quarter. I'm pretty sure that they will see how complete there offense is, and know that if they quickly go down 7-0 in the first quarter, then they won't try to go pass happy and completely forget about one of the top backs in the league

There offense is REALLY good, and I think they will put teams in situations where the OTHER TEAM is going to need to go pass happy to try to keep up with them. This would lead to an increase in turnovers(see 2005 Cincinnati Bengals), therefore, they would be playing with a lead more often, leading to much more carries for James than last years feature back in Arizona
Bold Predictions:

Edgerrin James rushes for 1,500 yards and 10 TD's in that Cardinals offense

Kevin Jones will have more value this season than Carnell Williams regardless of draft position
Gold Rush
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 pm

Wait.....Edge is gonna hit 50 HR's and steal 40 bases?

#1 Draft Pick!!!! :*) :*) :*)
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk