Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edgerrin James this years Alfonso Soriano??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SirDunkALot » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:46 am

IMHO, it's a good point, and I apologize if it's already been said.. but there's one major thing:

Alfonso Soriano is IN a contract year. Edgerrin James is not.

Soriano was playing for a contract. Chances are he would've gotten a phat one regardless. His deal will be skyrocketed by far. Edge is already locked up.

Similar scenarios though, like the setup and stuff. But Soriano really had a lot to play for. (Not saying Edge doesn't have much to play for.. but not as much as Soriano.)
SirDunkALot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gold Rush » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:06 am

KoopaTroopa211 wrote:Wait.....Edge is gonna hit 50 HR's and steal 40 bases?

#1 Draft Pick!!!! :*) :*) :*)

oh HAHAHAHA very funny dude!!! :-t

If you read, you would see how I mentioned that they were formally top draft picks, now they were both put in the situation where everything is set up for them to fail, (supposedly) and for that, they have both slipped in drafts. This is just saying that, like in fantasy baseball with Soriano, where you got a top notch player in a draft because of a lot of negative "hype"

This is not an analogy, I'm not comparing the 2. That being said, there is NO correlation between Soriano and Edge, and just because one succeeded, than the other one has too. I'm not saying that at all, its just that Soriano has had great success and was drafted lower cause he switched teams. Same kind of thing going on with Edge in football drafts.

Sorry that I couldn't find a football example from last year, and Soriano was the perfect example, but you guys refused to see the point I was making just based on the fact that he plays a different sport, and they have both been put in a VERY similar situation
Bold Predictions:

Edgerrin James rushes for 1,500 yards and 10 TD's in that Cardinals offense

Kevin Jones will have more value this season than Carnell Williams regardless of draft position
Gold Rush
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:00 am

No need to get snippy.

In my league last year, James ended up th 5th highest scoring RB. He is now typically being drafted 8th because he left a good situation for a bad one (o-line and Def downgrades + an injury-prone QB). No big deal, that's just the way it is.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:00 pm

Bump
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Bowie wrote:Bump

Why? :-?
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:50 pm

Soriano was the #1 Fantasy Player this year and almost became the first guy ever to go 50/40. Now if you think that James will the the #1 player, and that he'll rush for 1500 and catch 1000 (which is pretty similar to what Soriano almost was able to do - power and speed), then yes James will be this year's Soriano.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:34 am

mysticphysh wrote:
Bowie wrote:Bump

Why? :-?

Because I thought the pre-season Edge debates were some of the most interesting and think there is a lesson to be learnt about valueing talent over situation.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk