CBS Sportsline League access problems? Anyone else?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS Sportsline League access problems? Anyone else??

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS Sportsline League access problems? Anyone else??

Postby GrizzledGridironGimp » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Good G*D!

On draft nite, last week the whole league couldn't access the site for nearly 2 hours prior to our draft....not until 3-4 mins. before the draft started could we access the site, and ever since then there have been intermittent problems with accessing it.

This is a new league this year @ CBS Sportsline, however, I've got a well established, 6years at least, on CBS Sportsline as well, and I haven't experienced ANY of the same problems at all, that I have with this new league...so I am of the thinking it's probably on a different server that is a POS.

PS: They also tried to use some lame excuse of a compatibility problem with IE and Windows, which is total BS, because Firefox had the same exact issues.

Anyone have any insight to what is going on over there?
GrizzledGridironGimp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:05 pm

I had a draft last night on CBS and everything was awesome. I in fact thought the site was going faster than any year before. Weird... :-?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby FranticFrank » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:17 pm

I've been having the same problem. I've got teams in two leagues hosted by CBS. I can access one, but not the other. CBS has been very reliable over the last four years.
FranticFrank
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AcousticNut » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:49 pm

I haven't been able to access my league's page on CBS for two days now. Tried with both IE and Firefox, and neither is working for me.

We were on CBS last year as well and ran into few problems.
AcousticNut
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Steve-o » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:20 pm

SniperShot wrote:I had a draft last night on CBS and everything was awesome. I in fact thought the site was going faster than any year before. Weird... :-?

Really? My draft was at 7 pm ET and was the slowest ever on cbs. We have been using CBS for the last 4 years and vowed never to use it again because of the problems of last night.
What do these years have in common?
1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hotdogcollarsdotcom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:42 pm

major issues off and on for the past 2 days. if you're draft is on cbs in the next few days, you may want to have a backup plan
hotdogcollarsdotcom
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 am

hotdogcollarsdotcom wrote:major issues off and on for the past 2 days. if you're draft is on cbs in the next few days, you may want to have a backup plan

same here...hopefully everything is worked out by week 1, although i'm expecting the annual week 1 live scoring issues they always seem to have
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby GrizzledGridironGimp » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:57 am

Well I suggest we all make a move to email our complaints and issues, that is the only way they are going to get a hint, especially if we start threatening to take our dollars to the competition.

I've already had everyone in my league do it.
GrizzledGridironGimp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 pm

My league site was down for 2 or 3 consecutive days, but now it is back up again, albeit very slow.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

cbs sucked tonight

Postby koondog » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:22 pm

had my draft @ 8pm tonight. Was absolutely the worse experience ever. Totally stressful. Had owners not getting updates in the draft room; owners unable to log in and very slow response. just brutal tonight.

really put a bad taste in my mouth and probably will not go back next year.
koondog
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk