Anyone else having trouble with wk 6 and 7 byes... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anyone else having trouble with wk 6 and 7 byes...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:00 pm

woodson_28 wrote:I took P. Manning and didn't worry about drafting a back-up until late. It came down to Frye or Favre. I noticed Charlie had a bye week 6 like Manning, so I took Favre. Anybody wanna guess when Favre's bye week is?

Can't be week 6 too can it? :-B ;-7 :-b
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:02 pm

My WR spot is screwed in week 7. Holt, Mason, Bennett along with Troupe. Other than that I'm fine.
MotorCityKitties
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kevster1 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:13 pm

Though I dont plan for it, I prefer to have most of my players off in one week. You may take the loss that week, but if you can win with your scrubs, break out the champagne. I hate it when you lose a stud a week for 5 or 6 weeks. It is like getting nickel and dimed to death with the loss of productive players every week.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Blackhawk » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:20 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:My WR spot is screwed in week 7. Holt, Mason, Bennett along with Troupe. Other than that I'm fine.

Ditto with Holt and Mason 2 of my 3 WR's right now.

Week 4 is a problem too, with Caddy, Ward, H Miller and Tampa DST.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby hpandu » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:27 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Week 3 is killing me too! LJ, LT, Gates, LaMont, TO, Moss, and Vanderjagt!

Are you in a 1 team league? lol...my week 7 was bad, but I fixed it up in a trade w/ for Willie Parker centered around frank Gore.
hpandu
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby armchair » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:51 pm

Yea thats an insane lineup. Must be just you and a friend lol. Im definately having trouble with the week 6 bye as well as week 9. Other than that I am in great shape. Ill wait to see what happens the first few weeks before I go abandoning ship and making trades.
armchair
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:19 pm

Yeh, the bye weeks sucked bad enough in previous years, but then they had to shorten the bye weeks by 1 week this year so that left 4 teams' bye weeks to dump somewhere and they dumped 2 each in weeks 6 & 7 so that's why those 2 weeks both have 6 teams with byes while the others still have the usual 4.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 pm

I think I saw this mentioned on another fantasy board a month or so ago but I didn't really pay much attentiont. Week 6 and 7 could be a good week to snipe players that other owner's are dropping because of the bye.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:14 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think I saw this mentioned on another fantasy board a month or so ago but I didn't really pay much attentiont. Week 6 and 7 could be a good week to snipe players that other owner's are dropping because of the bye.

Or a good time to trade with owners in a bind if you're okay for those weeks!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby frogfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:54 am

irishclown wrote:
tried to draft best available, and once the middle rounds hit quit looking at bye weeks...now I am potentially screwed. Have 4 of my 5 RBs with by in wk 7, and 4 of my 6 wr with by in wk 6.

No offense, but thats is what I call pi$$ poor drafting. 4/5 RB's on the same BYE?? LMAO.

I saw a similar thing in my league, we start 2 RB's, and can only have 3 total, and 2 people in my draft have 2 RB's on the same BYE.....knuckleheads!!

My bad, I guess it was a bad decision to draft Reggie Bush in the 4th (whom I have since traded for Harrison which means one less bye in wk 7), Chester Taylor in the 7th, Gore in the 8th, and Chris Brown in the 10th...all were GREAT values...at that point, i didn't worry about bye weeks, i went for best available.

Did the same with WR and ended up with Driver in the 6th, Jones in the 11th, and Williamson in the 14th, which all have byes week 6....once again all good values for where I drafted them.
frogfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk