Dom Davis to be cut? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dom Davis to be cut?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dom Davis to be cut?

Postby treadstone » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:03 am

More bad news for people who drafted/kept Dom, according to this article he may be cut because of his injury...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4147469.html
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:20 am

I guess they should have taken Reggie Bush.

I am one of Domanick Davis's biggest supporters, I hope he is alright.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mr Irrelevant » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:28 am

Just picked up Lundy ;-D
Mr Irrelevant
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:48 am

:-o :-o Glad I haven't taken Davis in my drafts yet...man, that is crazy. Bush may have ended up filling a need for them; we'll see how everything turns out.

"They (Lundy and Morency) have played hard, and they've done a good job overall," Kubiak said. "Both are going to play, but if the season started (today), Lundy would be the starter, and Morency would play."

Looks like Wali will be bumped up a few rounds after this news...so much for him sleeping just before the big draft time of the year. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thrash » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:12 am

Mercer Boy wrote::-o :-o Glad I haven't taken Davis in my drafts yet...man, that is crazy. Bush may have ended up filling a need for them; we'll see how everything turns out.

"They (Lundy and Morency) have played hard, and they've done a good job overall," Kubiak said. "Both are going to play, but if the season started (today), Lundy would be the starter, and Morency would play."

Looks like Wali will be bumped up a few rounds after this news...so much for him sleeping just before the big draft time of the year. :-/

Im in the 11th rd of a 12 teamer...is it crazy that im thinking about taking Lundy with one of my upcoming picks? If Lundy is the starter he seems like huge value there.
thrash
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:19 am

Depends on how many of the other owners know about this. By that time in the draft you're hoping to find gold anyway because you have all your starters picked out...so it might not matter what round you take him in as long as he's the guy you think is the best available player.

He was averaging around the 14th round in mock drafts on Antsports - anywhere from round 10 to 16. It might be possible to wait maybe one more round, but past that you run the risk of losing a guy you really want.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:22 am

This seems to be in direct conflict with questions about this just 4 days ago.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2793§ion=N%20Latest%20News

(on whether RB Domanick Davis will possibly be on the 53-man roster) “There’s no doubt. He ran yesterday. It is week-to-week with him. We’ll sit down with the doctors with him and really get a thorough evaluation of where he is at and where we think he’s going, and then that will be a decision we’ll have to make.”

I think this might be a situation where the article is taking things out of context a little. I doubt Kubiak has changed his mind that much in 4 days, unless DD's condition has drastically changed since then.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby rentz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:46 am

as posted above, several days ago when ranking my players i read davis would be fine, so when he fell to the middle of the draft i snagged him, now i wish i'd come here right before my draft :~(
rentz
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:48 am

You know the salary cap hit they would take... this story is junk :-t

Just a story for the sake of trying to grab readers attention with the headline. :-t
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:26 am

thrash wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote::-o :-o Glad I haven't taken Davis in my drafts yet...man, that is crazy. Bush may have ended up filling a need for them; we'll see how everything turns out.

Im in the 11th rd of a 12 teamer...is it crazy that im thinking about taking Lundy with one of my upcoming picks? If Lundy is the starter he seems like huge value there.

Regardless of this story, Lundy is a great late round pick.

J. Wells was a nice fill in starter last year for this team, DD is Fragile Freddy's porcelin version.

I dropped GJones in my 8 teamer for Lundy today, and last night in my 14 teamer picked him in the 18th round or so to be my 5th RB.

At best Lundy could be FWP this year, and from where I got him, he has zero downside. :-D
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk