My list of players who will way outperform their draft spot - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

My list of players who will way outperform their draft spot

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Popcynical » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:34 pm

Deshaun Foster
Frank Gore
Donald Driver
Todd Heap
TJ Hoosyourmomma
Eddie Kennison
Terry Glenn
Rod Smith
Troy Williamson
Ben Watson
Aaron Brooks

To name a few.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:07 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Im really riding the Matt Jones bandwagon behind Kensat this year. Ive routinely been picking him up in the 6th and 7th rounds. How can you pass up a No. 1 reciever that late?

Were you also riding shotgun with Kensat on Ron Dayne's bandwagon last month before it tragically derailed in a fiery crash? Just kidding, though I am actually now thinking that Dayne suddenly has value cause IMO he will more than likely start for the Broncos at least a couple of week this season. Mike Bell has not convinced me he is worthy of getting 15 carries a game for the next 17+ weeks.

I think the Matt Jones bandwagon is a good one as he is one of the very few guys in the league with a legitimate chance at becoming a fantasy stud by the end of the season (right in time for playoffs). You cant say that about too many other WRs.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Timbathia wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Im really riding the Matt Jones bandwagon behind Kensat this year. Ive routinely been picking him up in the 6th and 7th rounds. How can you pass up a No. 1 reciever that late?

Were you also riding shotgun with Kensat on Ron Dayne's bandwagon last month before it tragically derailed in a fiery crash? Just kidding, though I am actually now thinking that Dayne suddenly has value cause IMO he will more than likely start for the Broncos at least a couple of week this season. Mike Bell has not convinced me he is worthy of getting 15 carries a game for the next 17+ weeks.

I think the Matt Jones bandwagon is a good one as he is one of the very few guys in the league with a legitimate chance at becoming a fantasy stud by the end of the season (right in time for playoffs). You cant say that about too many other WRs.

Its easy to say it now but i just wasnt sure about Dayne. Several here at the cafe convinced me that he was going to be the next Mike Anderson. I blame them for my having him in 2 leagues..... :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby camcool21 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:54 pm

My list:

Peerless Price - this guy will almost definately go undrafted, and he is going to be the #2 in Buffalo, JP Losman already likes this guy and showed it by chucking him a 60 yard TD pass in the first quarter against the Browns.

Matt Jones- competing with Ernest Wilford for the #1 reciever spot in Jacksonville if you pick him up late in the draft could have a breakout season.

Todd Heap - I know, I know .......... how could this guy be a draft day bargain, he's a top five TE. If you get this guy late 5th or 6th round you wont regret it, look at the numbers he had last year with Kyle Boller, now imagine him with Steve McNair.

Willie Parker - This guy could go after RBs such as Rudi Johnson, Brian Westbrooke, Reggie Bush and Reuben Droughns. He's getting the goal-line carries on a run first team, he could be a top caliber back by the end of the season.

John Kitna - He's in Martz' pass happy offense and has the WRs to be successful. You could probably snatch this guy late. He has proven he can be a top QB in this league recently too.

Ashley Lelie- After all of the trade request and contract dispute drama, Lelie will most likely be available late...... he will probably be the number one in Atlanta
Thank you WILLISthebigMCG
camcool21
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NikkiSixx » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:16 pm

biju wrote:My take:

Plummer - I don't think he'll put up numbers near McNabb personally, but in the 10th and 11th round he's a great value. I would expect in my leagues however that he'll get taken maybe just a bit before that however.

Brooks - He'd be a fine backup for me if I already had a top 5 QB (by my calculations at least) but if I already had a shakey QB like Brees I don't know if I'd want Brooks.

Trent Green - I think he's going too high. He's not going to produce another 4,000 yard year since Edwards style is a conservative clock control game with a ton of running. It doesn't help that while running a route Eddie Kennison could disolve into dust from old age.

Willis McGahee - I don't think any competitive league with 10+ teams would let McGahee fall into the 3rd round.

Chester Taylor - I think he's going to be one of the biggest busts of the season. The team needs another year.

Kevin Jones - No comment until all of my drafts are done.

Reuben Droughns - I think he's going right around where he should and there's is a marginal value increase at his draft position. Personally I would rather take a #2 WR where most folks are picking him up.

Mike Anderson - I think anyone that drafts Anderson is going to be severely disappointed when they realize he's the Ravens' FB. Even if Lewis is injured they're going to have Musa Smith take over. Anderson is a worth case scenario.

Lee Evans - If the passing game comes to life he'll be a steal where he's going. The guy has talent. The problem is I don't see that happening.

Andre Johnson - This one is probably a good bet. He has the talent and the only thing missing in Houston is an O-line. I'll bet Kubiak has fixed that already.

Derrick Mason - The only thing I see increasing for Mason is TDs. I don't think he's going to become the 1,400 WR some people see him as. His value is pretty good right where people are picking him.

Terry Glenn - I disagree here bigtime. The only way Glenn gets value is if TO doesn't play.

Donte Stallworth - Moving to a new team two weeks before the season starts isn't a good sign to me.

Joe Horn - He's no spring chicken and if he's injured he won't be able to bounce back quickly--last year was a perfect example of that. If he stays healthy though he'll definitely be a great pick.

Ernest Wilford - He could certainly outproduce his draft average, and probably will.

Ben Watson - Agreed.

LJ Smith - Agreed.

Chris Cooley - This is the one pick that I'm 100% certain (write it down, put it on my gravestone) will not live up to his draft position. He's going to be a big bust this year and someone in every league is going to be angry at him from offseason 2007.

Kellen Winslow - Probably, but it's hard to tell at this point. I've drafted him on a majority of my teams this year as a #2 TE so I think the value is there at that point.

Kickers - I don't know and honestly don't care.

Atlanta - No comment. :-D

Baltimore - They're going to be better than the #4 Defense taken off the board? I seriously doubt that.

I like some for sure but I don't see it in others. Maybe my leagues are different that yours.

Ive seen McGahee go in the 3rd, but lately I have seen him going in the 2nd, either way he is still a GREAT bargain as he will fulfill the potential that people hoped for last season when they drafted him in the first round.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:20 am

Kensat30 wrote:Chris Cooley

what about him?
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff