WR The New QB In These Instances? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

WR The New QB In These Instances?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:56 pm

In that format I think RB is still the new RB, QB is the new WR, WR is the new TE, and TE is the new Kicker.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:04 am

Kensat30 wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:not that this erally matters since this is a unique league that neither of us are a part of, but why QB? Assuming Peyton is gone I'd think the top 5 WRs are going to outperform their peers better than the QBs in the second will respectively.

Figure everyone in the league is going to start a QB in the utility slot, making this in reality a 2 QB league.

Now, is a top5 QB going to outscore a top20 QB by a lot? Exactly.

Wow, missed that Offensive utility position. I've been playing deuces all along it seems.

In that format I think RB is still the new RB, QB is the new WR, WR is the new TE, and TE is the new Kicker.

what does that even mean? I hope you're joking.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:49 am

DGroundhog wrote:In that format I think RB is still the new RB, QB is the new WR, WR is the new TE, and TE is the new Kicker.

:-?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:53 am

skibrett15 wrote:

what does that even mean? I hope you're joking.

Obviously.

Post subject: WR The New QB In These Instances?

Then again to the original poster it probably makes perfect sense.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby John Bonzo » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:59 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. Hopefully this thread can benefit others in a general position scarcity sense and/or flex strategy sense.

Would health factor at all in determining if it would be better to draft a RB verses a WR in the RB/WR spot? RBs get hurt a lot more often than WRs, so a WR would be a safer pick for that spot? Or is this generalizing things way too much?

On a different note, does anyone know of a site where you can plug in your scoring format, and it will rank players from last year? I know Rototimes.com has one, but it is way too simple and doesnt allow for bonuses. Accoring to what I can currently enter, RBs are top 5, followed by a slew of QBs with a few RBS mixed in, then followed by WRs.
John Bonzo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk