Travis Henry to start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Travis Henry to start?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrblitz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:07 pm

Doesn't matter to me. I am only touching Lendale in the Titans backfield.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:12 pm

There's nothing in the local paper there except to say nothing is clear as to who the starting RB is so kinda strange no one in Nashville has heard about it:
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art ... 28029/1027
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:24 pm

Edited by SNS - Watch the language man.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby petedog9 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 pm

Not buying it yet.............

According to a source close to the Titans, CBS SportsLine.com has learned that Travis Henry is expected to be the Tennessee's starting running back when they play vs. the Jets in Week 1 of the regular season. "Chris Brown is listed as the No. 1 running back in name only," the source said, citing Henry's dedication to the offseason workouts and overall ability as the main reasons why he'll start over Brown and rookie LenDale White. Henry started the Titans' third preseason game, a home loss to the Falcons. On the preseason, Henry has rushed for 53 yards on 21 carries (a 2.5 yards per carry average) with a touchdown along with three catches for 20 yards; Brown has 69 rush yards on 16 carries (4.3 average) with three passes caught for 24 yards.
(Updated 08/29/2006).

Injury Report
No information available at this time (Updated 8/29/06).

Fantasy Analysis
Brown has done nothing to endear himself to the Titans' coaching staff this preseason, requesting a trade at the onset of training camp, so we feel like that plays a role in this move, too. Brown will still warrant carries in Tennessee, but expecting anything more than 15 touches a game is a mistake at this point. Fantasy owners should consider Brown a low-end No. 4 RB or a reserve option worth a late-round pick in all leagues.
(Updated 08/29/2006).
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:29 pm

Great so Henry showed up to class on time but still sucks so he's the starter. Maybe week one is a scratch, but henry is awful. Once he continues his 2.5 Per game average he will ride the pine.
STILL think it's trade bait.
For the record I hate Fisher now. He is up there with Bellidick and Shanahan as fantasy ruiners.
DAMN IT!
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:37 pm

joey, you need a xanax? no wait. that's not right....
joey, you need a xanax. hmmm, closer...
joey, you need a xanax! yes, that's it.
:-D

i wouldn't sweat it yet. i don't think anything is set in stone.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Tsizzle » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:43 pm

WEll i picked him up just in case... hes better than lee suggs..
[img]RIPsean[/img]
Tsizzle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 pm

mrblitz wrote:Doesn't matter to me. I am only touching Lendale in the Titans backfield.
I agree. Brown goes down in week 2 and LenDale racks up good fantasy points for the rest of the season. Just wait and SEE.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:48 pm

Rotowire just put this out. Better make a move on Henry cause this news is spreading fast.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:10 pm

In his press conference after the game on the weekend, Fisher did comment on White and Henry:

(on the running game)

Our run game, some reasons for concern, but I’m not especially concerned because there were some good things there, block execution and blocking against eight-man fronts. Probably the highlights of the run game were LenDale’s (White) third and one and third and two rushes. Those are things that we obviously have to accomplish and have to get corrected from last year. So it looks like we’ve got that working in the right direction. But the disappointing thing overall is that we only had 19 carries. So we’re going to continue to make that a point of emphasis for us

on Travis Henry's performance)

Yeah, he was moving. The one run where he bounced outside showed the outside speed and picked up 12 yards that was called back. He was real close on a couple of screen plays. The first play he bounced outside and picked up seven or eight yards. He was off to a pretty good start before we made the substitution decisions.

That's it - nothing earth shattering but it does sound that he likes White as his third down back.
Last edited by stomperrob on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk