anyone else bored of madden 07 already? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

anyone else bored of madden 07 already?

Moderator: Football Moderators

anyone else bored of madden 07 already?

Postby bagobonez » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:57 pm

When i first got the game i started a franchise with my Cowboys. Did one year, had an awesome draft, and then started the next year and just got bored.

So... I decided I'd try the superstar mode. That was fun for a while, and now I'm nearing the end of my rookie season and to be honest, I'm bored.

Tell me I got more for my $50!
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:02 pm

Maybe it's a defective game. Send it to me and I'll try it out and let you know if I find anything wrong with it ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Madden is the same thing every year. There is rarly much change, however its hard to do much with a football game. I find if i play sports titles once or twice a week i dont really get board of them. I just finished my dynasty in Madden 2006 that i started when i first bought it and i am not really board of 06 yet.
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:38 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:Madden is the same thing every year. There is rarly much change, however its hard to do much with a football game.

Then don't buy it. People complaining like you are what has ruined this franchise forcing EA to add in all kinds of gimmicky modes that no one will use for any length of time so people can't whine about it being the same game rather than refining the gameplay.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 pm

I agree with the consensus here. There's not much else they can do. If you have online play, that should offer an alternative to playing the cpu all the time, and try switching it up with the teams. I like to do Franchises with a bunch of different teams...maybe a defensive team, maybe a good offense, maybe a crappy team for a challenge.

I've been playing MLB 2K6 all summer and still haven't gotten bored, but if I had, what can they do? There's only so much HR Derby and such they can add.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:09 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:Madden is the same thing every year. There is rarly much change, however its hard to do much with a football game.

Then don't buy it. People complaining like you are what has ruined this franchise forcing EA to add in all kinds of gimmicky modes that no one will use for any length of time so people can't whine about it being the same game rather than refining the gameplay.

Lol whats your problem did you read the rest of my post or just one sentance my god simmer down :-?
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:10 pm

by the way madden dosent change much its not a complant .... its a fact. Its not EAs fault thats just how sports titles are
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:18 pm

I was under the impression FB was talking to the thread starter, since you said there's not much EA could do anyways, but since he quoted you I guess not...? :-? If so, I agree topk...not much EA can do. They've redone the defense, passing, and running for the last 3 years. They've done what they can to change it.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby dipset » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:12 am

I think the thing that makes the next season of a game boring, is the fact the game play is exactly the same. It would be good to make it different or make it better and more realistic. It seems it is just a roster update, and if a game has the same game play as the season before, it will bore you quickly.
dipset
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:50 am

dipset wrote:I think the thing that makes the next season of a game boring, is the fact the game play is exactly the same. It would be good to make it different or make it better and more realistic. It seems it is just a roster update, and if a game has the same game play as the season before, it will bore you quickly.

But that's exactly the problem. What else are they supposed to do? They added the lead blocker thing to change the running game. Last year they added the cone to change the passing game. Before that was the defense, etc.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Return to Video Games