Is having Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Edge a bad idea? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is having Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Edge a bad idea?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is having Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Edge a bad idea?

Postby superslugger616 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:37 pm

I drafted all three in one of my leagues, with picks in rounds 1, 3, and 4. Was this stupid of me, or could this play out nicely?
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:40 pm

It would be a bad idea to have Rudi, CJ, and Housh. No matter how potent the offense, WR1, WR2, and RB from a team is putting way too many eggs in one basket each week.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Timbathia » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

Some weeks it will be good and some weeks it will be horrible. The main issue may be that you have limited your ceiling somewhat each week, as it will be difficult for the three to go off and score huge points together on any given week.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:49 pm

Having Edge/Boldin or Edge/Fitz wouldn't be bad, but like they said: having all 3 will mean some absolute downer weeks. I'd try and engineer a trade to break up your monopoly.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vixtor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:08 pm

How did you miss out on Warner!?? It's a bad idea because the Cards are not going to score 30+ points a game and do it both on the ground and through the air. Shop them all around and see what you can get. Don't sell low just because of this though. Should be able to get value out of all of them.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby My team is injured » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:35 pm

how is boldin around in round 4 in the first place?

either way, if you're in a weekly h2h league, then it's not recommended to have most of your top point scorers on the same team... I doubt you're in a league in which total pts at the end is all that matters, but if that's the case, then you're fine although it's still risky if something happens to the team (warner going down and leinart not playing well, significant injuries to the o-line, etc.)
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby FatFoot » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:37 pm

I don't think it's bad at all, but only because you should have VERY little trouble shopping Boldin or Fitz. And you should shop one of them, for the reasons others have stated.

I do think that the whole idea of having several players from the same team being a big mistake is overhyped... in this instance, you're probably still looking at having 2 of the top 10 receivers in the game on your team. The only reason I don't like Edge on the same team is that I don't like Edge for this year... but if you got him in the second or third round, that's pretty much a no brainer.

If you keep them, the problem you face is that when AZ has a bad day overall, FF-wise, you have a bad day. But really, it's the same thing as having any 2 WRs and a RB on your team have a bad day. It's GOING to happen. And I do think that more often than not a bad day for AZ in the air is still going to be a good day for 1 of those guys, and an okay day for the other.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby superslugger616 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:46 am

thanks for the input...i offered fitz and deshaun foster for steve smith, with foster being of little value to me because i have edge ronnie and westbrook...its an 8 team league so losing foster doesnt hurt much
superslugger616
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:01 pm

superslugger616 wrote:thanks for the input...i offered fitz and deshaun foster for steve smith, with foster being of little value to me because i have edge ronnie and westbrook...its an 8 team league so losing foster doesnt hurt much

I think that's a terrible offer personally.....Westbrook is going to get hurt at some point this season, it happens every year, then you will have zero RB depth without Foster there. You are way overpaying for Smith with that offer....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Fool42 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:06 pm

You'd also be screwed during the bye-week. You can usually deal with having slightly less than usual production from a back up at 1 position but 3 positions will probably guarantee a loss that week.
Winning isn't everything...It's the only thing!

Vince Lombardi
Fool42
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Football Talk