Reggie Brown's Value... Up or Down - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Brown's Value... Up or Down

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brown's Value Up or Down

Up... Reggie will be #1 and Stallworth will help spread the Defense
21%
Down... Stallworth will be named #1 and take away from Brown's #s
79%

Total votes : 48

Reggie Brown's Value... Up or Down

Postby Kellys Heroes » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:57 pm

I felt I got Reggie Brown last night for cheap... Our WW opens up tonight and now w/ the stallworth news does Regie's Value go up or down...

Personally; I think many think it will go down... But I'm happy that there is a clear cut #2 in Philly..
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Philly Pride » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:10 pm

There should be an option for "stays the same," which is what I think will happen. Stallworth will mainly be a deep threat and hope to draw coverages to leave guys like Brown and Smith open.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Vixtor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:14 pm

His ADP should drop a bit if that is what you are asking but I don't think Stallworth will become the go to reciever right away. Maybe later in the season. Reggie Brown's numbers will increase significantly over his rookie season either way.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kellys Heroes » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:44 pm

Where do you see his ADP being... and does he still make for a sneaky #2 wr???
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Bowie » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:46 pm

I wouldn't have wanted him as a #2 before the trade.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:10 pm

He's still a decent #3 WR option. I dont think his value will change much, but if anything it would go up. Eagles were lucky to steal Baskett, but after him there was no one threatening, and 3-WR sets are key for a 65+ percent passing offense. Now they're 3 deep with decent options at WR, and Stallworth will definitely relieve more pressure on Brown.

Expect 01-03 type of Eagles, with lots of matchup play and lots of spreading the ball, just with better WRs, so there's a chance 1 or 2 has some fantasy value.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kellys Heroes » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:40 am

I think Brown is a great Buy low right now...

I offered a guy a trade (Reggie Brown/H Miller for Stokley/Shockey; he said hes looking for wrs) right when the news broke... He responded w/ Stokely will score as much for MORE than Brown w/ Stallworth there...

I'm still laughing at it...
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:01 am

i think it goes down...more balls to go to Stallworthless now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:15 am

I think it stays the same. More balls will go to stallworth than would have gone to lewis, pinky or baskett. Stallworth will be more than a deep threat, because he will take a hit and work on slants, across the middle some too--at least that is the plan. He is just better all around than anything other than TO.

That said, Brown is a definite talent, and has a lot of those same skills, but not as fast as stallworth.

I think it relieves pressure from him and will let him perform and develop. I believe in him as a #1, but I also believe more in the team now. Every team would have just totally focused on brown and westbrook, and I am sure that would be frustrating for a young guy like brown.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:59 am

Why did NO get rid of Stallworth anyways when he was finally coming into his own and with Horn being older than dirt??

Anyways, if Brown gets the #2 spot behind Daunte, I think it helps his value. If he ends up #3, then he's nothing but a spot starter on your team if you have no other options.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk