Wes Welker - still the main returner in Miami? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wes Welker - still the main returner in Miami?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wes Welker - still the main returner in Miami?

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:50 am

In my salary league returners score 1/20 yds and Welker has averaged about 6 pts/game strictly on returns for the past two seasons - any actual WR work he gets is just gravy - and his salary is the bare minimum (which is about all I can fit in right now).

With his returns last year he was the 28th WR in terms of total scoring under our system...

Is there any indication that he is being replaced as returner this year or am I good to go (with the understanding that he is strictly a WR4 for bye week purposes)?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daullaz » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:00 pm

As far as I know, he's still the return man. I'm also in a league that favors return men, but much more so than that league. I don't think many of the owners realize it though, so I should be able to grab guys like Welker and Mathis off the FA list, if need be.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:14 pm

daullaz wrote:As far as I know, he's still the return man. I'm also in a league that favors return men, but much more so than that league. I don't think many of the owners realize it though, so I should be able to grab guys like Welker and Mathis off the FA list, if need be.

Don't forget Dante Hall - he filled in wonderfully as a Bye week WR for me last year (especially the week he actually got a TD at WR on top of his returns stuff).
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk