McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:24 pm

Bowie wrote:How do you know the Bills won't win the Super Bowl this year? It could very well end up that way. ;-7

Go Bills!

Wishful thinking obviously, I was just saying that McGahee could EVENTUALLY become the best back in the league, obviously he isnt now, but eventually he could be. He could be the best talent in the league, but he certainly isnt the best back.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:27 pm

Just messing around. Losman could be signifigantly better this year, but I need more evidence then just his RB's say so before I will believe it.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Bowie wrote:Just messing around. Losman could be signifigantly better this year, but I need more evidence then just his RB's say so before I will believe it.

Well his preseason play and very accurate deep ball recently could be a sign.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:38 pm

It would be nice to hear from a coach or a WR... not exactly an RB.

I like Evans a lot this year. Still think the QB situation is crap, but he's their only real target. He did well last year when Moulds was suspended... so i'm not concerned about double teams (in reality, defenses will be stacking the box agaist McGahee, not double teaming Evans).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:40 pm

The only sign I have seen is that he continues to turn the ball over. He has thrown for two TDs this pre-season while being intercepted twice and fumbling three times (from what I could dig up). He might get the ball to Evans deep from time to time, but I don't see much improvement here as an NFL QB.

Edit: I should mention that I have not seen him play this year, however.
Last edited by Bowie on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Dude » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:10 pm

I just moved to Buffalo and I have to say, he's looked pretty good in the pre-season. I still wouldn't bet money that they win more than 6 games, but I think they'll be competitive in a few more this year.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:22 pm

I wish Losman well. But I assure you that he doesn't even come close to making my roster as even a backup QB.

He is more than a year away from making a fantasy football impact (if he ever does).
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MentalPowerHouse » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:26 pm

Bowie wrote:The only sign I have seen is that he continues to turn the ball over. He has thrown for two TDs this pre-season while being intercepted twice and fumbling three times (from what I could dig up). He might get the ball to Evans deep from time to time, but I don't see much improvement here as an NFL QB.

His pocket presence is much better, and he's throwing alot more accurantly. Obviously still making mistakes, but he does look like a better QB which wasn't hard to do considering how terrible he was last year bouncing balls to receivers.
MentalPowerHouse
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PyRo8 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:44 pm

mcgahee is saying this because he's tired of losman's inexperience, leading to defenders in his face in the backfield before he even gets the handoff from losman.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:13 pm

Bowie wrote:The only sign I have seen is that he continues to turn the ball over. He has thrown for two TDs this pre-season while being intercepted twice and fumbling three times (from what I could dig up). He might get the ball to Evans deep from time to time, but I don't see much improvement here as an NFL QB.

his completion percentage is above 60, and his QB rating is above 80. Not to mention he is showing much better pocket presence and throwing well under pressure. Im not worried about the interceptions, I am however worried about the fumbles, he needs to take care of that.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk