McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:15 pm

PyRo8 wrote:mcgahee is saying this because he's tired of losman's inexperience, leading to defenders in his face in the backfield before he even gets the handoff from losman.

I disagree, McGahee is saying this because Losman does look way better than last year.

The moral of this post was to say that the Buffalo QB's are not a complete mess like they were last season. And of course that this raises the value of Lee Evans a bit.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:21 pm

I sure hope he is significantly better this year. How many games did he start last year like 8? Maybe this year he starts 12?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:27 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I sure hope he is significantly better this year. How many games did he start last year like 8? Maybe this year he starts 12?

Yep, he has 8 career starts, all last year, and they werent all in a row. The bills should have treated Losman like the Giants treated Manning. Losman will be just fine.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Timbathia » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:08 pm

What is going on here? Are you really comparing how Losman looks in pre-season games to how he looked last year in regular season games? I am pretty sure the Dolphins, Pats and even the Jets will be throwing a bit more at Losman over the ensuing months than what he has seen the past few weeks.

I do think he has come far enough along to make Evans useful on a fantasy squad (especially when they are playing from behind), and may even move the ball well enough at times to make McGahee better than he was last year, but believing anything other than the Bills O sucking is a stretch IMO.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:19 pm

PyRo8 wrote:mcgahee is saying this because he's tired of losman's inexperience, leading to defenders in his face in the backfield before he even gets the handoff from losman.

No, its the lack of any blocking capability whatsoever that lets defenders hit McGahee in the backfield.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NikkiSixx » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:36 pm

maddog60 wrote:

No, its the lack of any blocking capability whatsoever that lets defenders hit McGahee in the backfield.

Peters looks great, and Melvin Fowler and Tutan Reyes are an improvement over Trey Teague and Bennie Anderson. This years o-line wont be as terrible as it was last year.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crippler » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:56 pm

just for the record, McGahee never said 'I may one day become the best'... he said 'I am the best RB in the NFL'

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:04 am

Crippler wrote:just for the record, McGahee never said 'I may one day become the best'... he said 'I am the best RB in the NFL'

And maybe he is, but we couldnt see last year due to a god awful O-Line and a QB that put a fear into nobody. If he was in Larry Johnson's situation he could very well outperform him.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vixtor » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Losman could be WAY better than last year AND still be one of the worst starters in the league. Ya'll know that right?
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:04 am

Vixtor wrote:Losman could be WAY better than last year AND still be one of the worst starters in the league. Ya'll know that right?

WAY better, or just way better?
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk