McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

McGahee says Losman is WAY better than he was last year,link

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:16 am

Vixtor wrote:Losman could be WAY better than last year AND still be one of the worst starters in the league. Ya'll know that right?


He will be decent this year.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:45 pm

Yes it is the last game of preseason, but the opening drive was a great drive directed by JP Losman in which he was 5 for 5 for 52 yards. McGahee I believe had 6 carries for 28 yards and a TD including a 20 yard gain where he broke a few tackles and it took 3 men to bring him down. Peerless Price is running crisp routes and had 3 catches.



Just letting you guys know that Buffalo's offense is NOT a mess.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:46 pm

McGahee scored from the 1?

8-o
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 532
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 pm

cordscords wrote:McGahee scored from the 1?

8-o


I told you, smartass (lol), the blocking will be better this year and McGahee looks faster (the fastest hes looked since his days at Miami), he is hitting the hole harder than he did last year, he is making cleaner and harder cuts and he looks like he is in BETTER form than he was in 2004. Not to mention he is extremely motivated, he just seems to care more. I am EXTREMELY excited about McGahee and Evans this year.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bowie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:05 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:I am EXTREMELY excited about McGahee and Evans this year.


I can see that.

Go Bills! :-b
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1594
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Panama

Postby Timbathia » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:12 pm

Color me skeptical, but I am not putting too much stock in what the Bills do in the final preseason game against the Lions.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 975
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Geelong, Australia

Postby cordscords » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:28 pm

NikkiSixx wrote:
cordscords wrote:McGahee scored from the 1?

8-o


I told you, smartass (lol), the blocking will be better this year and McGahee looks faster (the fastest hes looked since his days at Miami), he is hitting the hole harder than he did last year, he is making cleaner and harder cuts and he looks like he is in BETTER form than he was in 2004. Not to mention he is extremely motivated, he just seems to care more. I am EXTREMELY excited about McGahee and Evans this year.


I have only seen parts of the first 2 preseason games so I might not be as pumped as you are about the Bills this year, but I see Evans being a productive #2 WR this year (though I would feel much more comfortable with him as my #3) and I would trust McGahee being my #1 (again more comfortable with him as my #2).

As for the blocking, I can only vouch for Jason Peters who looks like a beast over at RT.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 532
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NikkiSixx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:28 pm

cordscords wrote:
NikkiSixx wrote:
cordscords wrote:McGahee scored from the 1?

8-o


I told you, smartass (lol), the blocking will be better this year and McGahee looks faster (the fastest hes looked since his days at Miami), he is hitting the hole harder than he did last year, he is making cleaner and harder cuts and he looks like he is in BETTER form than he was in 2004. Not to mention he is extremely motivated, he just seems to care more. I am EXTREMELY excited about McGahee and Evans this year.


I have only seen parts of the first 2 preseason games so I might not be as pumped as you are about the Bills this year, but I see Evans being a productive #2 WR this year (though I would feel much more comfortable with him as my #3) and I would trust McGahee being my #1 (again more comfortable with him as my #2).

As for the blocking, I can only vouch for Jason Peters who looks like a beast over at RT.


Melvin Fowler has also been standing out. But Mike Gandy has been standing out to me in a bad way, I miss Jonas Jennings.

I agree with you on how you view Evans and McGahee, but you forgot to mention the huge upside they have.
Go Bills!
NikkiSixx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 171
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:24 am

The_Dude wrote:I just moved to Buffalo and I have to say, he's looked pretty good in the pre-season. I still wouldn't bet money that they win more than 6 games, but I think they'll be competitive in a few more this year.


There are ivory towers in Buffalo? Who knew? ;-7

What's Losman gonna do, get worse? At some point there's only one direction you can go. Still, it would be good (both for JP and the Bills) if he started showing some reason why Buffalo was so high on him to begin with.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:47 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact