Some more good news for FWP owners.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Some more good news for FWP owners....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 am

As long as he stays healthy, everything is lined up for him to have a big season for the Steelers. Best news was that he was going to get goal line carries!
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:43 am

With Big Ben coming off a rough Super Bowl where teams will use that as a blueprint & Ward banged up a bit teams will be focusing on shutting down the running game.

Anyone will tell you when a guy gets a fat contract the motivation isn't quite the same.

FWP will still be a productive back this season but I just don't see the huge year alot of people are predicting.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Twisted Sister » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:06 am

some guy in my money league drafted him in the first round 8-o
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:11 am

I don't think the contract will affect FWP the way it might affect a player who has been a star for their whole life. FWP was not a starter in college, he is the proverbial "come from nowhere guy who has finally made it in the big league" That type of player will continue to strive to play hard and prove to everyone that he is for real. I also heard an interview with him last season at the time when he took over starters duties, FWP is a very humble guy who is really excited that he is actually playing in the NFL. I can see him grow this year with 1 year of experience under his belt.

I predict: 1400 yards and 8-10 TDs

Not bad for a guy you can get in the late second round.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:13 am

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Sure an extension is a show of faith in him but isn't anyone worried about his motivation now?

Between a Super Bowl victory, a huge contract & Big Ben's suspect preseason couldn't he be in for a let down this season?

Sp_Da_Man wrote:With Big Ben coming off a rough Super Bowl where teams will use that as a blueprint & Ward banged up a bit teams will be focusing on shutting down the running game.

Anyone will tell you when a guy gets a fat contract the motivation isn't quite the same.

FWP will still be a productive back this season but I just don't see the huge year alot of people are predicting.

Didnt SA just recently get a new fat contract??? Is this a bit of sour grapes from Seahawk fans still blaming refs for losing the big dance??? Ben has looked very sharp in his limited playing time this preseason. To say he is shaky means you havent seen him play. FWP has been stellar in his preseason work. The guy deserves the $$$. Maybe you are still having nightmares of him busting through that big hole and racing down the sidelines on that 75 yard TD run..... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:37 am

Ouch! Had to play the Super Bowl card didn't ya? lol

Any word if the refs are going to receive rings when the players do? lol

FWP should have a good year (1250-1400 yards, 8-12 td's imo) but I just wonder without the "surprise" factor this season if teams will stack against the run.

He's on one of my teams so I'm rooting for him actually.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gablefan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:58 am

Sp_Da_Man wrote:With Big Ben coming off a rough Super Bowl where teams will use that as a blueprint & Ward banged up a bit teams will be focusing on shutting down the running game.

So you are expecting a huge drop off for Shaun?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:02 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Ouch! Had to play the Super Bowl card didn't ya? lol

Any word if the refs are going to receive rings when the players do? lol

FWP should have a good year (1250-1400 yards, 8-12 td's imo) but I just wonder without the "surprise" factor this season if teams will stack against the run.

He's on one of my teams so I'm rooting for him actually.

Pete said it not me!!! :-D

Seriously I think he will have a good year though. I think SA will too. I think the Fat contract thing is overused. I think it does apply to some, but not all. I can't see teams stacking against the run because we can send Holmes, Reid or Washington to the house and let Ben throw it up there. I just think FWP is in for a great year. Still too early for the first round though!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:06 pm

sp da .. I just do see what blueprint you are talking about??? The Seahawks exposed no weakness??? If by blueprint you mean allowing the Steelers to rush for 181 yards (their total is the SB)in a game then that blueprint bodes well for FWP I think....

Sorry for the SB blast... I knw it must still sting.... lol :-o
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby awwchrist » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:07 pm

Anyone will tell you when a guy gets a fat contract the motivation isn't quite the same

I think 1800 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns is fine with me if Shaun's motivation is lacking.

:-D
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk