Sixxgunn wrote:A guy offered a guy a trade. Second guy accepts. I am commish, the trade was on the up and up, so I approved it. Second guy now says he didn't mean to accept, that he even replied to the first guy why he didn't want it. I don't get to see that, as it's an e-mail between the two parties. Do I let them work it out, or try to intervene? I'm thinking it's between them to tell me to reverse this or not. No one has really made a stink yet, but it seems like it could get ugly soon. Any advice?
There are a few things that can swing this either way:
1) Was the trade (mostly) fair in the first place?
2) Did the trade involve players whose names can be easily confused? (There's a whole lotta difference between Tiki Barber and Marion Barber)
3) How soon after the trade did the guy request to have the trade nullified? Was it an hour, the next morning, or a couple days later?
4) Did any big news break about any of the players involved? Did someone get traded? Did someone lose a starting job?
5) Do you know the reputations of the managers involved? Has either of them pulled some crap before?
In addition to asking those questions, you should ask to see the e-mail sent by the team listing reasons they didn't want the trade.