Bulger, McNabb, or Culpepper or Warner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bulger, McNabb, or Culpepper or Warner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bulger, McNabb, or Culpepper or Warner

Postby mattresell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 pm

Rank them
mattresell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:51 pm

mcnabb

bulger
cullpepper

warner

bulger and cpepp i see as pretty much the same level. so i ranked them more according to tier level than stat wise .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 pm

logan wrote:mcnabb

bulger
cullpepper

warner

bulger and cpepp i see as pretty much the same level. so i ranked them more according to tier level than stat wise .

I like this, although I would note with this ranking that Warner certainly has the tools and ability to put up numbers equal to or better than everyone else. The problem, as has been the last few years, is his durability. A healthy Warner would be a great starting QB.

For that matter, I think Bulger might even be a little closer to McNabb than previously indicated as well. He's had injury problems too, but with some focus on the running game instead of sending 4 or 5 WRs out every down with no protection for Bulger, I think he'll likely stay healthy all year.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:22 pm

I'd have them:

McNabb
C-Pepp
Bulger

Warner

Though its tough to tell where they all fit in the grand scheme of things. Th first there are definitely in the top 9 mix, its tough to say though how Eli, Delhomme, and Hasselbeck will do comparitively.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby logan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:29 pm

biju wrote:
logan wrote:mcnabb

bulger
cullpepper

warner

I like this, although I would note with this ranking that Warner certainly has the tools and ability to put up numbers equal to or better than everyone else. The problem, as has been the last few years, is his durability. A healthy Warner would be a great starting QB.

For that matter, I think Bulger might even be a little closer to McNabb than previously indicated as well. He's had injury problems too, but with some focus on the running game instead of sending 4 or 5 WRs out every down with no protection for Bulger, I think he'll likely stay healthy all year.

bulgers line is all that keeps me from ranking him up with mcnabb. warner was pretty injury free for a couple years till the line got him killed on just about every play. that same scenario puts bulger in the tier below. otherwise the talent level in the WR corps and at the RB position are both a level above phillies and would allow him to put up top 5 stats ,as that's what it would take to rank him with mcnabb.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Kellys Heroes » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:49 pm

McNabb
Bulger (He has the weapons + he will need to pass a lot late in games)
Cpep (the Fins will run more than pass)
Warner (the writing is on the wall.. once their out of the Playoffs.. in come Matt)
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:32 pm

1) McNabb-Easy the best of this bunch. Prolly the third best QB in the league.

2) C Pep-I see him feeding Chambers, Booker, and McWifebeater a lot. The Phins{ are looking to take off. Could also be the biggest bust if his weird passing just prior to his injury wasn't a fluke.

3a) Warner-All things in place for a great season. Only negatives are injuries and Lienart waiting in the wings. Higher ceiling than Bulger.

3b) Bulger-They want to run more so Bulgers numbers could take a slight hit. My bigger concern is that he is one good hit from Steve Young. Do you remember Steve Young? Yeah, neither does Steve. Too many concussions and, like Warner, a history of waiting in the pocket and taking the hit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:02 am

1) Bulger - Linehan will still have them throwing the ball with the talent group of WR they have.
2) McNabb - Reid always calls more pass plays than run and they added Stallworth to a weal set of WR.
3) Warner - Has all the weapons for a big season but can he stay healthy. If I took him I would be taking Leinart later on in the draft.
4) Culpepper - Has good weapons around him in Miami but not the same explosive offense he had in Minny.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk