best 4th round wr ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

best 4th round wr ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

best 4th round wr ?

Postby bulger2holt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:42 pm

We use a flex, so i am going rb, rb, rb for my first three rounds. I cant decide who to take as my #1 wr. Driver and Housh are always there in the mocks. Who would you take ?
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:42 pm

Plaxico Burress is my pick, or I'll swing for the fences and take Roy Williams if the other owners in the league are letting a lot of value drop.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bulger2holt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:14 pm

burress and williams havent been there for me in the 4th so far. Its basically between housh, driver and galloway. im taking a qb in the 6th, so i need my #2 wr in the 7th, possibly matt jones , michael clayton or rod smith
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mikus » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:21 pm

I like Driver. You saw on Monday that even if the Pack are terrible this year, this guy is Favre's go-to-receiever and he is going to reap the benefits on a bad team.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby bulger2holt » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:33 pm

mikus wrote:I like Driver. You saw on Monday that even if the Pack are terrible this year, this guy is Favre's go-to-receiever and he is going to reap the benefits on a bad team.

my thoughts exactly. I just worry that if the pack are too bad late in the season, they may use their #1 pick qb from last year instead of favre
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby aussieboy » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 pm

I think it depends who I have from the first 3 rounds. If I already have a stud WR i'm more likely to swing for fences and take someone like Roy Williams. I might otherwise be inclined to take someone like Driver if I haven't yet taken a WR. I'd also prefer Driver in PPR league.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattresell » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:12 pm

bulger2holt wrote:
mikus wrote:I like Driver. You saw on Monday that even if the Pack are terrible this year, this guy is Favre's go-to-receiever and he is going to reap the benefits on a bad team.

my thoughts exactly. I just worry that if the pack are too bad late in the season, they may use their #1 pick qb from last year instead of favre

That may be a concern though I think it is highly unlikely. Favre will play as long as he wants to play. He is bigger than any coach. And I can't imagine him sitting himself down.
mattresell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:16 pm

Driver is very tempting. He should get tons of looks and Favre will be forced to pass a ton. The only problem is if Favre continues throwing to whoever has hands regardless of team, or the line gets him killed, you have to risk how much Rogers will be able to get the ball to Driver. Housh is a little safer, methinks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk