Michael Clayton - Bounce Back or Bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Clayton - Bounce Back or Bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Clayton - Bounce Back or Bust?

Postby DocSlinky » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:34 pm

I'm thinking of making a play for him. I know he's been battling turf toe at some point this preseason, and his performance last year has him generally ranked low. But he's also been mentioned as a sleeper/bounce back candidate. Which will it be?
DocSlinky
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wetbeaverlover » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:44 pm

joey galloway is too fast, too much of a stud, and has the relationship with simms as they have grown together. unless galloway goes down i just see clayton as a 900 yard 5 td kinda wr. when caddy is healthy they emphasize the run a lot more too. i picked up lundy and dropped clayton since the commish won't give more than 4 bench spots
If your parents weren't able to have children... chances are neither will you.
wetbeaverlover
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheDiplomats » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:52 pm

wetbeaverlover wrote:joey galloway is too fast, too much of a stud, and has the relationship with simms as they have grown together. unless galloway goes down i just see clayton as a 900 yard 5 td kinda wr. when caddy is healthy they emphasize the run a lot more too. i picked up lundy and dropped clayton since the commish won't give more than 4 bench spots

Not quite sure that's correct.

Galloway had somewhat of a fluke season. It's not likely he will come even close to the numbers he had last year..simply because Galloway is coming up on 35 years old. Clayton is better when he's healthy and if his turf toe is gone, then he will probably be the #1 option in TB.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Timbathia » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:32 am

Galloway still has wheels, but Clayton is very talented, runs good routes, has nice hands and size. I think if healthy he can potentially have a much better year than Galloway (though IMO they will put up similar fantasy points this season). I dont necessarily think Clayton is a great fantasy opiton this year, but he could become pretty damn good over the next few seasons.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:50 am

I still like Clayton, always have. Drafted him the last 2 years and have him this year. I have faith :-D
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Kellys Heroes » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:45 am

For wheres he going this yr... you realy have nothing to lose if you draft him.
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:12 am

I don't think he will be boom or bust. He will have an average year as he will bounce back from his sophmore slump
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:25 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I still like Clayton, always have. Drafted him the last 2 years and have him this year. I have faith :-D

Same here :-D :-D
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:57 am

killiansjmd wrote:I don't think he will be boom or bust. He will have an average year as he will bounce back from his sophmore slump

I concur, but I think he has more of a chance to boom than bust.

His rookie season was awesome. I picked him up as a FA and rode him as my #2 WR. Injuries & the QB transition hampered his value. I see him as a #3 or #4 fantasy WR being drafted lower than that.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:06 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
killiansjmd wrote:I don't think he will be boom or bust. He will have an average year as he will bounce back from his sophmore slump

I concur, but I think he has more of a chance to boom than bust.

His rookie season was awesome. I picked him up as a FA and rode him as my #2 WR. Injuries & the QB transition hampered his value. I see him as a #3 or #4 fantasy WR being drafted lower than that.

i agree as well...i dont see him being a "bust", becasue he isnt being drafted as the 10th-15th WR like he was last year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk