A little off topic of fantasy: CHARGERS-RAIDERS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A little off topic of fantasy: CHARGERS-RAIDERS

Moderator: Football Moderators

A little off topic of fantasy: CHARGERS-RAIDERS

Postby Challie » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:42 pm

I know this is a fantasy site, but those of you who enjoy a nice wager should take note of Oakland only giving 7 points to San Diego, who as somebody wisely said here are "circling the drain."

Last week's Baltimore -1 bet over the Chargers was an opportunity for me to back up the Brinks truck.

I see nothing different about this game except the Chargers are on the road instead of being at home! San Diego is showing a lot of quit right now, injuries on offense are piling up, their defense outright sucks, and Schottenheimer is reportedly (in some camps here) already losing the players.

Happy Sunday, everybody.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:50 pm

Its an interesting wager, but if the raiders play like they did on MNF then they'll lose and the chargers will get their first win of the season.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby hawksfan896 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:03 pm

I agree with homeless. I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 ft. pole, and if you notice my location, these things DO matter to me. Here's my locks for the week.

KC -3 v. Bal
ATL +6 v. Car (my only dog pick this week)
JAX -3 v. Hou
NYJ -3 v. Dal
IND -2 v. NO
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby yoda83 » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:36 pm

stay away from that saints game! matter of fact, stay away from the saints all year. nothing worse than trying to figure out a schizo team like the saints. lots of talent, but the desire is a game-by-game decsion. like trying to bet on which personality shows up.

and even though they're showing signs of otherwise, the colts are a schizo team as well. if you make that bet, you're a braver soul than me.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby V-unit » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:43 pm

This will be an intresting game to watch.SD line is hurting right now but they still have LT who might have a huge game.Oakland is playing like a bunch of 37 year olds and with Porter out they will struggle again.This is a divisonal game and a huge one for both teams.Oakland will not take advantage of SD sorry run D.It may come down to the playcalling with SD running on Oakland.
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk