Why do I get this sinking feeling about Nate.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do I get this sinking feeling about Nate....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:33 pm

Burleson as a #2 :-P

MAYBE as a #3, but if anything i'd want him to be my backup's backup
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:39 pm

Yeah I would be worried with him as a #2. Im not sure Id even want him to be my #2. There are very few WRs who are 32 on their own team and viable fantasy starters. Pretty much just Wayne and Houshmandzadeh.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 pm

terpfan wrote:Yeah I would be worried with him as a #2. Im not sure Id even want him to be my #2. There are very few WRs who are 32 on their own team and viable fantasy starters. Pretty much just Wayne and Houshmandzadeh.

And Boldin/Fitz, but thats pretty much 1a and 1b.

And Charles Rogers.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:48 pm

I defintely wouldnt want Burleson as my No. 2. He may "offically" be the No. 2 guy in Seattle but Engram will line up in the slot and get more catches this year. Engram and Hass have a connection. Burleson has a lot of potential but hes a big risk this year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:56 pm

i Love Nate this year....people got down on him last year but that was because he had a poor QB throwing to him , in a bad offensive unit. He was also hurt.

Now he's in a very good offensive system w/ Hass throwing along w a good running gamr and healthy body. And he's looked good in pre seaon....I see him as a solid #2
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby andus » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Don't forget what happened last year. Everybody was high on him as the #1 in Minn, and he couldn't get it done. He's a better #2 than a #1, kinda like Peerless Price. I think Burleson's stock actually goes down if Jackson isn't healthy, because he might have to step into that #1 role and tank.
andus
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby ball of goof » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:00 pm

I reached a bit for Burleson as wr3, and i feel good ... like i knew i might. Forget last year: Burleson is back home in Seattle and Hass is saying that throwing to him is as easy as playing sandlot with your best friend; or something similarly heart-warming. I see the Seahawk pass game expanding and ten td passes are still looking for a receiver since JJ left town, and now Stevens is down for six weeks or so. If Jackson's knee of infamy does not respond well this season, then Nate is all systems glow.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:36 am

I'm willing to have a friendly bet that you'll get the same (or better) production out of A. Toomer than Nate B. (barring injury)... one can be had in the 7th-8th round, the other off the WW.

Any takers?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:54 am

Twisted Sister wrote:I'm willing to have a friendly bet that you'll get the same (or better) production out of A. Toomer than Nate B. (barring injury)... one can be had in the 7th-8th round, the other off the WW.

Any takers?

Easy bet there.

Burleson>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toomer.

Mark it down.

In my 14 team league I've got Burleson as my #3, and in my 8 teamer he's actually my #5.

But I think he will have a very solid year. I would not be shocked if he rebounded in a Glenn, SMoss, or Galloway type fashion.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:02 am

ateam wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:I'm willing to have a friendly bet that you'll get the same (or better) production out of A. Toomer than Nate B. (barring injury)... one can be had in the 7th-8th round, the other off the WW.

Any takers?

Easy bet there.

Burleson>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toomer.

Mark it down.

In my 14 team league I've got Burleson as my #3, and in my 8 teamer he's actually my #5.

But I think he will have a very solid year. I would not be shocked if he rebounded in a Glenn, SMoss, or Galloway type fashion.

Cool, I'm game. 1 week paper bag challenge? The paper bag is worn during the first regular season week of the 2007 season.

Bet: Toomer will put up equal to or greater average weekly points than Nate B. 6 points per TD, 1 point per 10 yards receiving. Weeks 1 through 15. The players must play at least 12 games. Benched games (not due to injuries, but performance) count.

Want to give me some odds if you're so confident?

Lets have some fun :-)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk