Why do I get this sinking feeling about Nate.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do I get this sinking feeling about Nate....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:20 am

Twisted Sister wrote:
ateam wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:I'm willing to have a friendly bet that you'll get the same (or better) production out of A. Toomer than Nate B. (barring injury)... one can be had in the 7th-8th round, the other off the WW.

Any takers?

Easy bet there.

Burleson>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toomer.

Mark it down.

In my 14 team league I've got Burleson as my #3, and in my 8 teamer he's actually my #5.

But I think he will have a very solid year. I would not be shocked if he rebounded in a Glenn, SMoss, or Galloway type fashion.

Cool, I'm game. 1 week paper bag challenge? The paper bag is worn during the first regular season week of the 2007 season.

Bet: Toomer will put up equal to or greater average weekly points than Nate B. 6 points per TD, 1 point per 10 yards receiving. Weeks 1 through 15. The players must play at least 12 games. Benched games (not due to injuries, but performance) count.

Want to give me some odds if you're so confident?

Lets have some fun :-)

I'm in, though I was thinking yr. ending #'s, but whatever.

BTW, if a guy calls your bet, you can't then ask for odds.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:32 am

ateam wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:
ateam wrote:
Twisted Sister wrote:I'm willing to have a friendly bet that you'll get the same (or better) production out of A. Toomer than Nate B. (barring injury)... one can be had in the 7th-8th round, the other off the WW.

Any takers?

Easy bet there.

Burleson>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toomer.

Mark it down.

In my 14 team league I've got Burleson as my #3, and in my 8 teamer he's actually my #5.

But I think he will have a very solid year. I would not be shocked if he rebounded in a Glenn, SMoss, or Galloway type fashion.

Cool, I'm game. 1 week paper bag challenge? The paper bag is worn during the first regular season week of the 2007 season.

Bet: Toomer will put up equal to or greater average weekly points than Nate B. 6 points per TD, 1 point per 10 yards receiving. Weeks 1 through 15. The players must play at least 12 games. Benched games (not due to injuries, but performance) count.

Want to give me some odds if you're so confident?

Lets have some fun :-)

I'm in, though I was thinking yr. ending #'s, but whatever.

BTW, if a guy calls your bet, you can't then ask for odds.

No odds needed, just wanted to give you a chance to be cocky ;-) Ok, now I have another FF stat to keep track of :*)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:57 pm

I barely trust Burleson as my #5 on one team.

Bobby Engram is just the better WR, and by the time Darrell Jackson comes back Burleson could become an afterthought.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby CC » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:08 am

Kensat30 wrote:I barely trust Burleson as my #5 on one team.

Bobby Engram is just the better WR, and by the time Darrell Jackson comes back Burleson could become an afterthought.

I'm with you on this one Kensat, how anyone could feel anything other than terrified going into the season with Burleson as a starting WR is beyond me. He is a #2 WR (maybe) in his own offense and he is just not all that great to begin with.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby armchair » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:11 am

Burleson will be the #1 in Seattly. Jackson will never stay healthy and this is evidenced by the fact that Seattle tried to go get Branch. They are obviously concerned about Jacksons knee. If jackson doesn't stay healthy then Seattle will HAVE to throw to Nate quite a bit. While I would someone a little better as a #2 I wouldn't be scared to death if he was my #2.
armchair
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby freeling_prideful » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:50 am

Strategy-wise, I'd say Burleson's a great sell-high in a few weeks. DJ's either not healthy or not up to speed; either way, Burleson is the No. 1 in early games and he'll put up decent stats.

The thing is, I think DJ will be back to full speed around Week 5-6, so you should try to trade Burleson out around then and get a real WR2 back.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:52 pm

armchair wrote:Burleson will be the #1 in Seattly. Jackson will never stay healthy and this is evidenced by the fact that Seattle tried to go get Branch. They are obviously concerned about Jacksons knee. If jackson doesn't stay healthy then Seattle will HAVE to throw to Nate quite a bit. While I would someone a little better as a #2 I wouldn't be scared to death if he was my #2.

Doesn't say much about what they think of Burleson as a #1 WR if they were trying to get Branch in case of a longterm D-Jax injury.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:55 pm

There was no point where I would've been comfortable with Burleson as my #2..
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk