Yahoo Add and Drop question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Add and Drop question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Add and Drop question

Postby King Fantasy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:00 pm

question regarding yahoo fantasy football.

Once a player has played, can I drop him for another position that has not played yet? Will it still count for the same week?

For example here's a scenario:

I don't have a kicker yet. A WR plays (on my bench) on Sunday and does really crappy or gets hurt, so I want to drop him and pick up a kicker that plays Monday Night. Is this possible? And will the kicker's stats count for the same week?
King Fantasy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:09 pm

You can't drop a player whose game has been played for someone who hasn't...for example:

Say you have a WR for Dallas, who plays on Sunday. Once the Dallas game starts on Sunday, that player is locked onto your roster for that week. If you want to pick up a K that plays for Indy on Monday night, you have to drop a player whose game has not started yet.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:20 pm

That is why rosters lock once a players game has begun
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Re: Yahoo Add and Drop question

Postby Matthias » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:33 pm

King Fantasy wrote:For example here's a scenario:

I don't have a kicker yet. A WR plays (on my bench) on Sunday and does really crappy or gets hurt, so I want to drop him and pick up a kicker that plays Monday Night. Is this possible?

I think it is as long as he was on your bench. Whether or not the kicker can score will depend upon when your league decided to lock rosters. Some do it position-by-position individually an hour before gametime; some do it the entire roster locks an hour before the first game that someone is involved in. Check your league.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Add and Drop question

Postby King Fantasy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:59 pm

Matthias wrote:
King Fantasy wrote:For example here's a scenario:

I don't have a kicker yet. A WR plays (on my bench) on Sunday and does really crappy or gets hurt, so I want to drop him and pick up a kicker that plays Monday Night. Is this possible?

I think it is as long as he was on your bench. Whether or not the kicker can score will depend upon when your league decided to lock rosters. Some do it position-by-position individually an hour before gametime; some do it the entire roster locks an hour before the first game that someone is involved in. Check your league.

This is a standard Yahoo league.

I think I can drop players that have already played that are on your bench right?
King Fantasy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:05 pm

No you can't drop someone once his game is played...you can only drop if they haven't played yet
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk