Why was A Boldin the 54th pick in the 03 Draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why was A Boldin the 54th pick in the 03 Draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:50 pm

It's pretty easy to call people dumb after the fact, while Boldin was a stud at FSU it is hard to take a WR that runs a 4.7 40 in the first two rounds. You might say, "well look at what he did in college," but for every guy who times that poorly and succeeds there are 10 guys who aren't able to get separation in the league.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:52 pm

I think the 40 is the stupidest most worthless thing out there. It shows nothing. Coaches will tell you they dont care about some 40 time, they care about how you perform on the field.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:52 pm

Why was TO overlooked. Although maybe it would have been better if they overlooked him enough to keep him the hell outta the NFL. There is no way for teams to ever really tell for sure if a player will be good or bad in the NFL, and alot of times they try to find more reasons not to pick a guy then reasons to pick someone.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:10 pm

joe montana was what? sixth round? it happens
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:20 pm

He didn't run his 40 fast enough. Bottemline
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:29 am

Forty times are incredibly overrated IMO. There's "Forty Speed", and then there's "Football Speed". Fat Lotta Good a WR who runs a 4.3 Forty will do you if he can't catch.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:03 am

Kensat30 wrote:Boldin had a knee injury or something that he was coming back from? I think he clocked in with a 4.6 40 time as well..

ding ding ding

To be honest, its a little surprising a prospect like that went in the first two rounds. It certainly worked out though, huh?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:34 pm

terpfan wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Boldin had a knee injury or something that he was coming back from? I think he clocked in with a 4.6 40 time as well..

ding ding ding

To be honest, its a little surprising a prospect like that went in the first two rounds. It certainly worked out though, huh?

well, he's no Fitzgerald but I guess he'll do.
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Boldin is better than Fitzgerald.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby noren0 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:01 pm

josebach wrote:I don't know, but he was an absolute stud at Florida State. I think he didn't do well at the combine if I remember right.

Boldin almost beat out Chris Rix in the QB competition after Weinke left FSU. Too bad the coaches got that one wrong, anyone would have been better than Rix.
noren0
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk