Why was A Boldin the 54th pick in the 03 Draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why was A Boldin the 54th pick in the 03 Draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:58 am

noren0 wrote:
josebach wrote:I don't know, but he was an absolute stud at Florida State. I think he didn't do well at the combine if I remember right.

Boldin almost beat out Chris Rix in the QB competition after Weinke left FSU. Too bad the coaches got that one wrong, anyone would have been better than Rix.

Amen. While we're at it, we should have given Boldin the offenseve coordinator job... anyone would have been better than Jeff Bowden. :-b

The scary thing about Boldin last year is that the 1,400 yards put up was only in 14 games. I read one set of rankings that actually had Boldin as the #1 receiver. Where I think this is unlikely, it's not out of the realm of possibility.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:27 am

If not for Fitzgerald, Boldin would be the #1. Unfortunately, now it reminds me a little of the Jimmy Smith/Keenan McCardell days, but on a greater scale. Boldin will lead the team in receptions and yards, but Fitzgerald may score twice as many TDs. It's a fantasy toss up.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:03 am

sportsaddict wrote:I think the 40 is the stupidest most worthless thing out there. It shows nothing. Coaches will tell you they dont care about some 40 time, they care about how you perform on the field.

I am pretty sure that is way off. The 40 is overrated, I will agree. But to say it shows nothing is just idiocy. If the 40 is so worthless how come guys who are like Carlos Francis (bubble draft prospect) go in the 4th round and or guys like Matt Jones (3rd/4th round prospect) go in the first round when they were afterthoughts before the combine.

And Boldin is not better than Fitzgerald, he may be more consistent, but Larry stays on the field and makes plays in the redzone.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk