Reggie Bush - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ivanhack » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:38 pm

TheMurph5263 wrote:if smith johnson and holt are gone by my pick in the second what RBs should i take im having a hard time judging second round RBs all of them make me nervous

Like the others are saying, bush will be there in the third if you want him.

If Steve Smith, Chad, and Holt are gone, what's wrong with Fitz? I like Fitz as much as those three.

Early third I figure you'll also have a shot at Chester Taylor, Kevin Jones, maybe Julius Jones (since he's splitting with Barber). I don't expect Dunn or Willie Parker to fall that far.
ivanhack
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:55 pm

Take the WR in the 2nd. Chances are if a top WRs falls to you in the late 2nd, they won't come back to you in the third if you pass them up. team 1 and team 2 will both have 2 chances at the guys you passed up, and they WILL take at LEAST 1 each if they are there.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby louddonkey » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:51 pm

Ive never seen the secondary option in a RBBC get so much hype, especially a rookie. Bush in the 2nd is insane if you ask me.
louddonkey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mikus » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:16 pm

louddonkey wrote:Ive never seen the secondary option in a RBBC get so much hype, especially a rookie. Bush in the 2nd is insane if you ask me.

Unless Deuce cannot last the whole season. Then Bush in the second is a steal? Possibly.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby shaba » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:05 am

anyone who takes Bush before as a 2nd rounder is an idiot...@ best I have him around 5-6...
If you have watched any of the Saints preseasons games im sure you have noticed Bush has been trying to 180 it and take it to the opposite side when he has ran out of running room...He has goten lucky once and broke one...But other than that he has been getting jacked up...
He must realize that chyt worked in the pack-10 but he's no longer in college....
Dont buy in to the hype, he will server as a nice flex player or insurance for Duce....I belive has has 118 yards rushing this preseason on something like 19 carries..If those were his stats for one game they would be good #'s...
shaba
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:53 am

shaba wrote:anyone who takes Bush before as a 2nd rounder is an idiot...@ best I have him around 5-6...
If you have watched any of the Saints preseasons games im sure you have noticed Bush has been trying to 180 it and take it to the opposite side when he has ran out of running room...He has goten lucky once and broke one...But other than that he has been getting jacked up...
He must realize that chyt worked in the pack-10 but he's no longer in college....
Dont buy in to the hype, he will server as a nice flex player or insurance for Duce....I belive has has 118 yards rushing this preseason on something like 19 carries..If those were his stats for one game they would be good #'s...

Funny when someone calls others an idiot and then bases his opinions on preseason games that he had 4 carries in and then spells Pac-10 "pack-10".

That's a nice sample size you've got there. While you're at it go ahead and bump LT, LJ, and SA down to rounds 5 or 6 as they haven't looked that good in the preseason either.

I'm not saying Bush is a 2nd round pick, but your logic is extremely flawed.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby TexDawg45 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:25 pm

shaba wrote:anyone who takes Bush before as a 2nd rounder is an idiot...@ best I have him around 5-6...

That will be an average game for him on rushing alone. He will get that amount of carries a game. Not to mention receptions. That being said, he will never look as good as he did in college. Anyone who thinks he will is an idiot. He will not average 8.6 yards a carry or whatever he did.
TexDawg45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:27 pm

TexDawg45 wrote:That will be an average game for him on rushing alone. He will get that amount of carries a game. Not to mention receptions. That being said, he will never look as good as he did in college. Anyone who thinks he will is an idiot. He will not average 8.6 yards a carry or whatever he did.

Nor will he average 30+ yards per touchdown like he did last year. He'll probably average somewhere around 28, 29 yards per touchdown in the NFL. ;-D
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Previous

Return to Football Talk